Monday, February 17, 2014

Feb. 4th, 2014


Holaaaa!

 I have been in the MTC, or the CCM (Spanish) for almost one week. I am at the west campus, which is the Spanish missionary training center. It's only Spanish, so it's pretty cool, because we are all learning the same things. This week has been one of the most amazing, crazy, emotional, exhausting, spiritual weeks of my life. I've learned to let go of my life and let my Heavenly Father take control. I have never felt more assured in my decisions, in my entire life. When people say that your mission is the greatest growing experience of your life, they are not kidding. I have never felt the Lord's hand more in my life than this past week! I cry like every day. haha. Don't worry, they're good tears. I feel myself growing closer to my Savior, more and more each day. I have never wanted to just sit and pray for hours, thanking my Heavenly Father for the constant blessings in my life.

 I have seen so many miracles since I've been here. I see the Gospel in whole new perspective and light. I always knew I had a testimony, and that I loved the Gospel, but I never knew how much of a passion I had for sharing it. I've learned I'm like reallllllly bad at Spanish haha. But, it's okay. Everyday, the Lord offers me tender mercies even if they are as small as helping me express myself better in Spanish, or if its to have endurance to handle another 16 hour day on 5 hours of sleep. The Lord is here and he is REAL! He is so loving, and so kind, and so willing to help me through this process!

 I have already taught 6 investigators!!! 6!! And they're real investigators!! Provo doesn't have missionaries that tract, so the MTC offers an invitation to investigators to come and check out the church. It's great, because we get to practice teaching and planning out lessons. It is seriously unreal. I have never realized how much love I have felt for my brothers and sisters in this world. My companion and I had our FIRST street contact yesterday! Like, a real one, we found on our own!! She was walking across the street, and we didn't even know she wasn't a member, and we just started talking to her. We talked to her for 45 minutes and found out she was an atheist and she had just moved here from New York for a change. She's been a volunteer for the MTC, but hadn't felt like she was getting much from it so she stopped. But, when we talked to her, her eyes lit up. I could see the change in her, that she hadn't even seen in herself! It was probably like 25 degrees outside, snow all around, and the three of us just stood outside, warm as can be filled with spirit and with tears in our eyes. It was amazing. SHE asked us to meet with her again, and we can't even talk about how excited we are. It's kinda tricky though, because since we are still in the MTC, we don't have ANY free time. Literally every single minute, of every single day is planned and accounted for. It's been a little bit of a struggle to get use to that, but I am doing my best. I'm be obedient, and that's all I can do. Anyway, because of that, its hard to have our own visiting time if its not already scheduled, so we're going to meet her for lunch this week :))))

My comapañera is AMAZING. Her name is Hermana Terrones and I LOVE HER. Like, really. We are already best friends. I can't believe how much God loves me and know I needed an amazing companion to make it through this tricky transition. We have the best district. Of all girls. That's right. All Hermanas. There are six of us and we all live together and share one bathroom. haha. It's a little crazy, but so much freaking fun. We have a blast. Since we are in the advanced program, we are basically Hispanic except for Hermana Sutherland who lived in Mexico. They are all leaving me next Tuesday,and are all going to Boston. I'm the loner leaving Wednesday, but it'll be okay :)

My time is gone but I love you all SOOOO much! Also, I will be here till the 12th so you can continue to email, write, or dear elder me (which is same day delivery) My unit number is 858.

I LOVE YOU ALL

Con amor,
Hermana Carbajal

No comments:

Post a Comment