Monday, February 17, 2014

Feb. 11th, 2014

So, it's finally happened. I am done with the MTC. The last two weeks have felt like an eternity yet gone by so fast at the same time. I feel like I'm in a movie watching my life, and I can't even believe its mine! I still can't believe I'm a missionary, and tomorrow I'm going to be a REAL missionary. A real tracting, proselyting, walking 6-8 miles a day, preaching, teaching, enduring to the end missionary. I am so excited and I also feel like I'm going to pass out. I'm a glass case of emotions (as per usual) ;) haha. Anyway, every single person from my zone has already left, except for an elder who's going to my mission. We are the lone survivors of Branch 112. But its okay. I made some of the best friends ever, and I am so grateful for each person I've come across here in the MTC. We all experienced a difficult, challenging journey together, and that's something that will bond us forever. It's so sad because all my Elder friends left Monday and I couldn't even hug them :( But its okay, I gave my Hermana friends extra hugs for them. haha. I imagine this is what a transfer feels like. You bond with people and then they're gone, so sad. But so exciting at the same time, because everyone is leaving to experience their own journeys. I can't wait to reunite with everyone in two years and hear all about their missions.
I've had a few opportunities to "share" my talents. haha I was asked to audition for a solo and was to chosen to sing at the Departure Devotional last Sunday (i forgot to say that last week) in front of the WHOLE MTC. Like, thousands of people. It was so nerve racking but it was so cool to be able to be apart of something really great. I was also asked to sing this past week at our last sacrament meeting, so an elder and a sister in my zone and I did an amazing arrangement of "There is a green hill far away" with the piano and violin. It was seriously beautiful. The MTC has been so much fun, maybe too much fun. haha That's probably why I'm so afraid to leave this safe bubble. Every is so nice to the missionaries here and they don't go inactive if you teach a bad lesson because we're still learning. They feed us, nurture us, teach us... I feel like I'm a little bird about to leave the nest for the first time and have to learn how to survive on my own. haha It's going to be okay. I'm going to be okay, I can do this. All I have to do is rely on what I've always had. My testimony. I could have all the lessons in Preach My Gospel memorized, be an insane scriptorian, and still not be a good missionary, if I didn't believe what I was teaching was true to my core. I have never felt more of a love for my Savior than in the past few weeks. Having to learn to rely 100% on the Lord teaches you that you are not living your life alone. The Lord is guiding you, and carrying you through the times where you might feel you are the most alone. 

I have been teaching two investigators and not the TRC "investigators" which are just actors that come to help us. My companion and I found two on our own. The girl Yvette from last week, and another girl Nayeli. Honestly when I'm teaching, all I do is speak from my heart. I say what I feel is right, and what they need to hear. And both of them have taken us aside and told us there really was something different about us. They could feel our genuine sincerity for them. That all we honestly want is for them to find happiness and feel the love of Christ. And maybe they say that to everyone, but I really took it to heart. It made me feel like I was actually making a difference, and that what I'm doing matters. I'm so grateful for this experience, and its only been two weeks. I can't wait to see what happens from now till august 2015. My heart is so full and happy. 

Okay, my time is up but I love you all. Thank you all for your prayers and your support. I love you all sooo much, but the Lord loves you way more ;)

Con Amor,

Hermana Carbajal
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment