This
week has been really good. My companion and I have a had a lot of
miracles, and are constantly praying to have more everyday. On Friday,
we went to the Houston temple, and it was AMAZING. I haven't been to the
temple in 6 weeks, but it felt like an eternity. Its amazing how as
soon as you enter the Lord's house, you feel an instant peace. You
automatically know without a doubt that, it truly is the House of the
Lord, and that the Spirit resides there. We went with our district and
did baptisms, and initiatories. We wanted to do a session too, but
unfortunately mission time doesn't allow you to be at the temple all
day. Even though I wish you could :) lol But it was okay because I came
right back the next day! On Saturday, my companion's old ward mission
leader, in her last area, was being sealed to his family for eternity.
Oh man. I mean, I love sealings, like really. They are the GOAL. But I
had never seen a family sealed together before. The spirit was so
strong, and I cannot wait for the day I am sealed to my husband forever.
I know families can be together forever. I've seen it and felt it. I am
so happy I know of this truth, and pray that everyone has that same
opportunity. Which is a huge reason on why I'm here, to testify of
that!! Because the gospel is so beautiful. It really is. I hate that it
took me so long to really understand its depth and promises for us, but
I'm glad I am understanding it now. There is so much to learn, and I
cannot wait to keep learning more.
On Sunday (yesterday) we had a real busy day. It started off with us
stalking Sandra to get up and get ready for church. It's been pretty
hard for her to make it to church, but she came last week and there was
NO way we were going to stop now. So, after an hour of coaxing and
bribing her with a diet coke she promised she would come. She came and
she felt the spirit. She met with the bishop and has begun to truly take
care of her life. Our investigator Dina (who is being baptized April
13th!!) freaking brought her 3 grand-kids, AND a friend!!! Like are you
kidding?!!??! This lady is on fire. She has changed so much about her
life and anytime we've talked to her about something she always says,
whatever God wants. I'll do it. She's so legit it unreal. I'm going to
bawl at her baptism. lol. After sacrament we found out we had to teach Sunday school to the youth, I was like Oh crap. I hate teenagers, and we
were not prepared, so needless to say I was stressed. Luckily the "Miss
Krystle" came out to play and it was awesome. We taught them the Gospel
lesson, and they were all involved in the lesson. AND one of the girls
came up to us after and told us they had a referral!!! All three of our
investigators were at church, our less active came and talked to the
bishop, a lady that was a referral that we found out was actually a
member of 30 years from Mexico came with a member, the elders had 3
baptisms after church, and then us as missionaries put on a "teach the
members" fireside last night. I was super nervous about it because
usually stuff like this doesn't go over well in Spanish wards and I
didn't think anyone would come, but like 30 people came!! And they truly
wanted to learn!! We did role plays and then they taught us
missionaries. I think the "member missionary" spirit is really growing.
People are really seeing the importance in sharing the gospel, and
learning to not be afraid to do it!! The more you know, the more you
want to share, and that is something I can testify on. Yesterday was
such a freaking great day and an amazing end to my first transfer as a
missionary.
I am constantly learning more, and
am growing in ways I never thought I could. I am so grateful for the
gospel and how it changes lives. I have seen in myself, in my friends,
in my family, and on my mission. The Lord will take care of anything and
everything, as long as you put forth faith and action. Remember you are
a child of God, and that He is constantly aware of you. Like my
companion so lovingly/ annoyingly loves to remind me... "sacrifice
brings forth blessings." Remember that when you are doing service, or
working hard and you are just not feeling it. The Lord sees what you are
doing, and He WILL bless you ten fold.
I love you all!
XO
Hermana Carbajal
p.s.
Texas is the most bi-polar climate state I've ever seen. If I don't get
shot in the ghetto, the weather is going to kill me alone. haha
#prayforacoolsummer ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment