Monday, March 24, 2014

So this was kind of a tricky week. My companion and I had the flu from basically Monday till Thursday. So, basically the entire week. It was really hard because 1) There was a freaking ice storm; so it was FREEZING and we were like dying so it made it worse. 2) We still had to go out everyday; so even though I didn't stop throwing up for four days, and I couldn't see straight we'd get up, do our study, take a nap, go out, take a nap, and go out again. We at least got to nap a little, so that was nice, but sometimes I almost felt like it made it worse. 3) Being sick makes you really home sick; I really haven't missed home too much since I've been out because I've just been so busy, but having days where you literally just want to die, made me want nothing more than to pack my bags and head home to my mom. It was pretty rough, but I made it through. My companion was super sick too. We are together 24/7 so obviously we got the same disease. BUT, with sacrifice comes blessings. it was a really hard week, but it was also a REALLY amazing week.
On Tuesday night, we went to English class and did our best to smile through the tears, but we made it through, and my companion really needed to go to Walmart to get more medicine, so even though it was already 9pm, and we are supposed to be home by then, we went to Walmart even though I REALLY didn't want to. Anyway, we went and picked up what we needed and then my companion was like I'm going to get a treat at McDonalds, and I was just like omgsh!! I just want to get into bed, but I followed her to McDonalds inside the store. We walked in and this guy says, "Are you sisters?", which we immediately thought, oh crap, he's a member and we are way passed curfew, we are in trouble! Turns out, he was thought we were actual sisters. haha Anyway, that sparked a conversation and we ended up talking to him for 45 minutes! We told him our purpose and basically gave the whole first lesson. It was so crazy. He was so open and so prepared! He was like, so, can I come to your church? Is that allowed?. Uhhhh, are you kidding?!?!?  Of course you can!! As a missionary, hearing something like that is like hearing someone wants to give you free money!! You are so excited and there is no other answer but YES! Anyway, we exchanged info and we left screaming! I had been so mad just an hour before that we were out so late, and I was so sick, but we were meant to go that Walmart, at that time, to meet this man. Sacrifice brings blessings!!!

On Thursday, we went over to an old investigators house. Now, this lady is seriously like unreal. She kills me. haha. She's this middle-aged Honduran woman, who LOVES her Virgin Guadalupe, so all the missionaries before had a lot of trouble with her because of that because she did not want to let go of her idols. Anyway, in the midst of her "investigation process", her son actually accepted and was baptized a month ago!! He is straight legit; he's an ex-con, and he heard about the church and READ the whole Book of Mormon while he was in jail. So, when the Hermanas came over to his mom's house, he readily accepted and was baptized. So amazing. Anyway, so this lady, her name is "Dina". We stopped by her house the week before to see if she would want to meet with us again, and she accepted, so we head over Thursday night. My companion tried to prepare for the lesson telling me that she accepts everything except the no idols thing, and will not take down her alter, so to just be prepared for that. Well we get there and began our lesson, and I immediately felt the spirit SO strongly. We had planned something simple, just read the intro to the B.O.M., but we both felt impressed to share the Plan of Salvation. We got on the floor, and took out our little paper demonstration and talked about every part. I began talking about how this is the perfect plan God built for US. It's perfect for everyone, and we can only return to him through repentance, baptism, and diligence. We were talking about the glories, and we looked at her and asked, where do you want to spend eternity? She replied, "with my family. in the celestial kingdom." "What do you have to do to get there?" "I have to get baptized!" AHHHHHHH. Oh my gosh!!! I was SCREAMING inside!! My companion nudged me, and I took a deep breath, and asked her to follow Christ's example and be baptized under the authority of the priesthood. With tears in her eyes, she smiled and said, YES! Oh my gosh, just thinking about it right now, brings tears to my eyes. I have never been more happy in the entire life. Sharing the plan that God has for his children is the most fulfilling thing I have ever done. And having them accept the truth is even better. There are no words to describe the sacred calling of being a missionary. Our job is simple, bring others to Christ so that they may receive the restored gospel. 

We were dying the entire week, but because of our diligence and obedience, God basically gave us two of his children that are so prepared to hear his truth. I am so grateful to be in this work, and if all I do is bring one person to Christ, that will be enough.  I will work as hard as I can, will not rest till August of 2015. I love you all so much and pray that you feel God's love and know that you are true child of God. He loves you and wants nothing more than for you to know that. He has a plan for YOU. You just need to accept it :)

Hasta Luego!

Hermana Carbajal

p.s. my mailbox is still accepting letters and goodie packages ;) 

10221 Centrepark Dr . #926
Houston, TX 77043

XOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment