You
guys. Conference was L E G I T. Like, really. I still can't believe the
way Elder Jeffrey R. Holland started the first session... " DEFEND YOUR
FAITH!" "Always STAND for truth!!" Dang. I mean, he was like pointing
his finger and everything, I was like, yessir! I won't ever stop! haha.
But seriously, he was so powerful! I also really loved Elder Russel M.
Nelson's talk on "being tied to God." It was a great reminder in
reevaluating ourselves and really checking to see if we are living our
lives "tied to God" or tied to something else. And of course, Dieter F.
Uchtdorf #thesilverfox :D, he was as always, a m a z i n g! I loved that
he spoke over gratitude! And how it's a choice to be grateful or not!
It's so true, we have the choice to be grateful for the things in our
lives, our happiness, our trials, our weaknesses, and our strengths!! We
should be grateful for it all!! But my favorite over all, was hearing
our sweet beloved Prophet, Thomas S. Monson. He is such a great example
of love and charity. I loved his talk on loving one another. It may seem
so primary to always remember to love each other, but sometimes it's
not easy! But being reminded that if we do not love our neighbor, we do
not love God, definitely puts it all into perspective! The whole
conference was amazing, and I know that every talk was truly inspired,
because at least one person needed to hear those precious words.
Besides
Conference, it was another super busy week for my companion and I. We
had another baptism this Sunday... in between the sessions :X It was
seriously crazy. We were making the programs, calling our investigators
to come/ watch conference, making sure our speakers were gonna make it,
calling our girl getting baptized making sure she was ready, filling the
fount, and you know just trying to feel the spirit and really enjoy
every talk! lol. It was a little stressful, but it all worked out. It
was so hard because obviously getting baptized on Conference Sunday is
not the greatest day to do it (support wise), because not a lot of
people come to church. However, we had been pushing it hardcore on
everyone for weeks to PLEASE attend the baptism in between sessions
because this little girl needed support! Well, tons of people came to
the first session, so my companion and I were so excited, thinking that
we were going to have so much support at the baptism. Wrong "/ Everyone
literally flew out the church as soon as it was over. I was like
uhhhhhh, wait!! Stay!! Please!! Nope, they all left except for four
members. Oh man, I was seriously starting to freak out because the
little girl getting baptized is 10, and the first member in her family.
So that meant tons of non-members were going to be there and we needed
support from the ward to fellowship them! But it all worked out :)
Luckily, the Bishop and his family make up at least a third of the ward,
and they were all there. haha And Emily brought 15 people with her, and
then with us seven missionaries, we filled up that room :) It was such a
wonderful day. The baptism went smoothly, and Emily really felt the
spirit. The spirit was very strong, and I could tell her family could
really feel it. They are such great people. Her mom is seriously
amazing. She has had so many horrible things happen to her in the past
year, and she has never gave her faith in God. We have been teaching
Emily and her brother in hopes that her mom would also want to start
learning. Little by little, she's been sitting in on lessons more and
more. We decided that we thought the time would be right after Emily's
baptism. Well, Emily's baptized, so.... it's time to get it done :D
We have one more baptism this Sunday, and HOPEFULLY,
we'll have two more before this transfer is over in three weeks!! The
people in this area are so prepared and it's such a blessing to be able
to help them learn of their divine potential. Being a missionary is no
joke. It is hard work, and it's probably going to give me an ulcer, but
it is also the most rewarding calling I've ever had the pleasure to
have. I am so grateful to be a Disciple of Christ and to teach his
people about his word. Pray for opportunities to share the gospel!!
There is no greater love than sharing the one thing that has changed
your life! You will feel a new kind of peace and joy that cannot be
filled any other way other than sharing the Lord's word. Pray for the
missionaries and go out with them! They need you!! And you need them!! I
pray that you are all faithfully trying to keep God's commandments and
live in His example!
Until next week!
Hermana Carbajal
p.s. if someone like wants to send me some sand or the ocean or something, I wouldn't even be mad ;) #imissthebeach ;(
Me and my cute comp. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment