So
it's official, my comp is leaving!!! Mañana!! Wahhhhh! But it's okay,
we've had a good run. She has been a great trainer and is my best friend
on the mission. I know we will be friends forever and I'm so grateful
we had the time we had together. But alas, all good things must come to
an end and I'm sure I will love my new companion. I can't wait to tell
you all about her next week :)
This
week was kind lax in that we just visited a lot of our members because
my companion wanted to say goodbye. She's been here for six months, I'd definitely want to do the same too. So we had a lot of good lessons with
members we truly adore.
On
Friday, we had zone meeting and afterwards went back to our area and
got to work. As soon as we arrived at a members home, we got an urgent
text from the Elders telling us to come an investigators home ASAP. So
we turned the car around and head over. We were pretty freaked out
because they didn't tell us what was wrong they just told us to get over
there quick. We said a prayer that whatever was going on, we'd be
guided to say what we needed to say. We got there and the elders and
"Daniella" were standing outside talking, which was weird because her
husband was usually home at that time so it seemed odd. We walked up to
the door and as soon as she saw us she started bawling in my arms. I was
like oh my gosh, what is going on??? Well... Turns out her husband had
been unfaithful to her and left her with their three daughters. Oh man,
when I found out, I was literally ready to hit him with my car #lol
#butseriously I was so upset. It was so sad because she came to America
for him and this wasn't the first time this had happened to her. She's
just the cutest little thing too, I couldn't stop myself from crying
with her. As she told us what was going on, I prayed so hard that I
would be able to say the right thing. I mean I'm 26 years old, yeah,
I've had my share of life experience, and I've gone through some really
hard things, but who am i? How do I know what to say, or how to console
someone on this? I looked at my companion and I shared Alma 34 which
speaks on the Atonement and how the Atonement doesn't just cover sins,
but all pains of our heart. She just looked at me and started crying
harder and thanked me for reminding her of the sacrifice Christ made for
us. It was one of those moments where I was so grateful for the special
calling I've been given, to be able to feel the spirit so intensely and
help others in need.
I'm so grateful
for my opportunity serve a mission and to help the Children of God. The
Lord is aware of all of us and our trials and will never fail us.
I love you and hope all my mommy friends have a wonderful mother's day!!
Les amo much!
Hermana Carbajal
P.s. uhhh my bday is may 14 ;) just FYI.com
10221 centrepark dr #926
Houston, tx 77043
No comments:
Post a Comment