Anyway, its gonna be
a long, H O T summer, but it's going to be a good one too :) My
companion is most likely getting transferred this next week. We get
transfer calls on Sunday, so we'll see what happens. She has been here
for six months, and it's only her second area, AND she goes home in four
months... so, we're pretty sure she's leaving. It's going to be really
hard because I'm almost certain I'm getting a crazy strict companion
that like prays over what she wears in the morning, but it's going to be
fine haha I've already decided I'm going to love all my companions, NO
MATTER WHAT. Preach My Gospel teaches us that Charity is a Christ-like
attribute, so... I'm going to try realllly hard to love them all, even
if they're legit cray crays. :D
This
week was really good though. It was kind of a slow week, in that tons
of people cancelled on us. It was hard because when you plan your day
it's a super bummer when an appointment cancels on you last minute
because you usually have appts planned back-to-back, so sometimes you
may not have time to go anywhere else, so you just have to knock doors,
or something until the next appt. So there was a lot of that going on
this week, but it was good, we had a TON of contacting done, and it was a
great way to get out there and meet people.
On Tuesday, we had a dinner with a member and she told us about a mom at
the school she works at, and how she had recently been diagnosed with
Stage 4 Colon Cancer. She is a single mom to three boys, and has no
family nearby. The boys father isn't in the picture because he was very
abusive, so they escaped from him 3 years ago. So, basically there is
just no winning in this situation. The member asked us to visit her, she
isn't a member, but she wanted us to meet her and see what we could do
to help her in anyway possible. We tried to see her four times, but no
one ever came to the door, and when someone finally did, it wasn't her.
And the number we had was disconnected, so we were just like, uhhh, what
are we supposed to do? Finally on Thursday, we got the right
information, and got a hold of "Dianna". We told her who we were and
asked if we could visit her on Friday, and she agreed. We saw her Friday
mid-afternoon, and it was one of the most heartbreaking lessons I have
ever had as a missionary. She is the sweetest little lady ever, I
instantly felt love for her, and just wept with her as she told us about
how even though she is going through this trial, she knows God has not
left her and will help her get through this. She has so much faith! She
is so strong and knows that God will not forsake her. She is such an
inspiration! I couldn't even imagine being in that situation, it would
be SO hard. Even with everything I know, it would still be hard to
handle because I'm human! And she doesn't even know about eternal
families and the plan of salvation... yet :) (that's this week) Without
that knowledge, she still knows its going to be okay. That is the kind
of faith I strive to have, to trust God whole-heartedly without fail!
She is amazing, and I cannot wait to get to know her even better.
On Saturday, my companion and I woke up at 5 am and head up north 20
minutes to an area called "Canyon Lakes" (even though there are no
canyons, or lakes, because this is Texas. haha) Any who, we went to do
service for an old investigator that used to be in our ward. She was
having a garage sale and wanted our help! It was a ton of work, but it
was so fun! The missionaries in her ward were there too, and they're
like our best friends so it was really, really fun. We closed up shop
around 12:30, and then she started to grill, and the elders put up a
volleyball net. It was like probably the first time in almost four
months that I felt like a normal person. haha. We played volleyball, and
ate carne asada and just had a really good time. By 2 pm, we were back
in our area out and about inviting all of our investigators and
less-actives to the "Noche de Talentos" (Talent show) that night at the
church! It was SO fun! Our ward is very close-knit. Most of the members
are family and have been in the same ward their entire lives, so there
were tons of people supporting each other. The Elders did a juggling act,
and I sang "Somewhere over the rainbow", and like 10 little girls under
the age of 8 all sang "Let it go" from Frozen. Oh my gosh, I was dying,
it was the cutest thing I've ever seen. A couple that was just baptized
are professional Latin dancers, so they did an AMAZING number, then the
husband asked if I wanted to dance, and I almost cried because I wanted
to SO bad, but alas I'm a missionary, and that would be inappropriate lol.
Tons of people sang, and just had so much fun. It was a really fun
night. But the best part was... Dianna came!!! We had invited her the
day before, and she said she would love to come! So, we arranged a ride
and she came and met so many people. It was so good, and it was a great
opportunity to be fellow-shipped by the ward, and have a fun night out :)
This Sunday is the last Sunday of the transfer, and we have one last baptism
as a companionship. Four in total this transfer. Not too shabby if I
say so, myself :) lol It's going to be a great week, and I'm excited for
all the great things that are to come. Except for my birthday, because I
feel like an old lady. The other missionaries literally were in
kindergarten when I was in HS. It's fine, I'm going to just sit and cry
while I turn 27 and they're still 18. Oh, man. Pray that I don't have a
nervous break down. haha #butforrealz
I love you all!!!!! Until next week :)
p.s. Letters will ease my old lady heart <3
Con mucho Amor,
Hermana Carbajal
No comments:
Post a Comment