So, first off... hispanics don't celebrate 4th of July. Wahhh. And if you know me, you know the 4th is literally my FAVORITE holiday next to Christmas. I could actually cry about it right now, I love it so much. Anyway, Hispanics don't celebrate this grand American holiday, thus meaning we didn't really get to celebrate it. And for the people that do celebrate it, don't want the missionaries over because literally everyone hates the missionaries on holidays. haha. Not really, but kind of. #iknowimhavingapityparty Our dinner appointment had us over for breakfast because she was going downtown all day, and the two BBQ's we were invited to, cancelled... and so did every other appointment we had that day. So, to not lose my freaking mind, we just contacted allll day and then had our own bbq to make ourselves feel better :) It actually ended up being great. Also, we live in the ONLY place in Texas that doesn't allow fireworks, and since we're not allowed to leave our areas except with permission, we just ate ice cream and cried (jk. haha okay maybe a little) wore the most bomb outfits ever, and played games with the Elders until it was bedtime :) So all in all, it was pretty good. Next year, I will be home so... its allll good :)
This week started off great. We got to meet our new mission president! President Mortensen and his family. They are sooooooo great!!! They literally made me feel like I was at home. They are so pumped and are so excited to be here and get to work. I think it will be really great for the mission and I can't wait to see all the exciting things that will happen in the next few months. One being....IPADSSSSSSS. Ahhhhhh, i've literally been waiting for six months. Oh my gosh, I am so excited. We're supposed to be getting them soon, and they are literally going to be sooo great for the work! There is so much more things we can do with technology, so I am really excited about that :)
On friday, we called our investigator Marilyn, and set up another appointment for this next week and she told us that she had been praying and had FINALLY picked a date!! Yayyy. She will be baptized July 27th!! Wooot woot. Well, hopefully. lol She has only been to church once because of work, so we're praying real hard that she'll be able to come to church so she can be baptized!! Please keep her and our other investigators in your prayers :)
Today, I am going downtown for the first time and we're going to a place called The Galleria. It's like the South Coast of Texas. I mean, I think at least? I am soooooo excited!! I have been wanting to go for so long and we only get to leave our mission once a transfer soooo I am stoked! I promise to send lots of pics!!
I hope you all had an amazing fourth of july and an even better week!! I love you all and am so grateful for each and every one of you! I constantly feel your prayers <3
Les amo con todo mi corazon!
Hermana Carbajal
So, I found some flower crowns. #weallknowiloveflowercrowns #californiadreamin
Our 4th of July Feast :)
Dressed up and ready to party #inourapartment #holidays #missionlyfe
No comments:
Post a Comment