Monday, August 11, 2014

Families are Forever

So my new area we visit A LOT of families :) Something verryyy different than my last area where we basically only taught people by themselves. So this dynamic has been different but so nice at the same time. We have two investigators that have a baptismal date for the end of this month, and they are both in part member families. Both of their families are members, but IN ACTIVE. Like way in active. But, its okay because we know through their children's decision to be baptized they will see the urgency to be an example to them and to once again begin living the gospel. On wednesday, we had a lesson with one of our investigators and we asked her dad to bring them to the church because we couldn't go to their house because their mom wasn't going to be home. We were kind of worried that he would flake out because "Jose" has done it a couple times, but at exactly 6 p.m. they rolled in. I almost started crying because I was so happy!!! He brought his two daughters, one which is our investigator. We taught our lesson on The Gospel of Jesus Christ, and the spirit was so strong I could see Jose's heart being softened right then and there. He is literally such a sweet man and we've had a few lessons with just him at his work, Chik Fil A. He told us his conversion story, and how he used to go out with the Hermanas all the time, and when he got the Priesthood, and gave a blessing to his sick mother. He was tearing up, and I could see he was remembering the sweet blessings of the spirit. It was such a great lesson and we ended up setting up a second lesson that week for saturday. So on saturday we went over, and taught Family History, which is the new next lesson after the first three. We taught FH, and the spirit was unreal. Their whole family was there and I could really feel the spirit working on the parents hearts. They didn't come to church on sunday but we aren't giving up on them! We spoke the Elders Quorum president yesterday, and we're going rescue status on them. President Mortensen, our new mish president, is all about in actives, and we are going to save them all! It makes me so happy to know that we have some support in this, because it can be very hard at times. With investigators, you teach you baptize. With less actives, they've already entered into the covenant of baptism, so we have to reawaken that fire of the spirit. I have a testimony that through fellowshipping of the members that we can bring them all back! Please pray for my families here :)

In other news, Marilyn is getting baptized this Thursday!!! woooooooohoooo! I am soooo excited! So I'm heading down to Fairbanks this week to speak/sing/ cry because let's be real, I always cry. Ahhh. Also, my other investigator from Honduras that was pregnant had her baby and is also prepping for baptism!! Ahh, it just warms my heart that all the work I did down there is coming into action!! I am so grateful for this work and for what it does for the people of Houston, and for what it does to me. My heart feels like its grown 5 billion times since I've been here. There are so many people that I love and care about and I know it couldn't have happened unless I was here doing what I'm doing!

I love you and all hope you know God loves you more ;)

Les amo con todo mi corazon!
Hermana Carbajal xoxoxo
 ​So many treeees
 ​its FREAKING HOT. #justonesummer #texanheat #thenaddHUMIDITY -__-
 ​COKE LIGHTTTTTT #notsoldinamerica #texasisntamerica #itsmexico #iknowilookcrazyhere
 ​My girls!!! #cccc #allmycompanionsareC's
 ​CCCC
​#soulmates #soulsistas #teamccc #fairbanks4lyfe

No comments:

Post a Comment