Well Friends, I am in....THE WOODLANDS. woooot, woot. It's half forest half country. I am about 40 minutes away from my old area in Spring Branch, now I'm closer to an area called College Station. For all you college football fans, you probably know where that's at. It's so pretty up here. It's so green and the trees are HUGE. It's wayyyy different than my last area but it's all good. The ward is pretty small, we hardly get fed, the other missionaries lives miles away, and we cover three cities: the woodlands, spring, and conroe. Oh, and we walk A LOT. It's good though. Everyone says you learn to be a missionary differently in every place you go to. I'm for sure seeing that. I was so happy and comfortable in H-10, I'm not at all surprised Heavenly Father wanted to mix it up to give me a chance to keep growing :)
My new companion's name is Hermana Callie Clement. She's also from California (Poway), and she's super sweet. We have a semi-dead area, but we have been rustling it up this week!! Since tuesday, we have gotten three new investigators, three people to commit to baptism, and have had set appointments all week. We both know we are supposed to serve together in this area, and we are making the best of it! It's kinda tricky in this area because it's so big so all the members are spread out and we can't go to all the same places everyday so it makes it a little hard to get member presents, BUT luckily, the members are super awesome. and do their best to accommodate us and come along when they can :) On friday night we had an AMAZING lesson with our two new investies. They're 10 and 13 and they are so cute!! We watched The Restoration on tuesday and they had so many questions! It was so awesome, and we committed them to read the Intro to the Book of Mormon, and to do Moroni's challenge to read and pray if it were true. On friday, we came over with members that live on their street and we asked them if they had done their homework and they said yes! They had read and prayed and knew it was true!! wooo! So as we taught The Plan of Salvation, we kept referring to what they had felt when they prayed and by the end we committed them AND their mom to baptism!!! Yesssss!!! We are going to baptize a family!! I am so excited!! This area has so many that are prepared we just have to find them :)
I'm super excited to be here and see what The Lord has in store for me here in The Woodlands! We have Zone Meeting this week, and a HUGE activity my ward is doing for investigators, less actives, and recent converts! I am so excited to see all that's to come! I love you and hope you are all happy and enjoying the last bit of summer!
Les amo con todo mi corazon!
Hermana Carbajal
p.s.don't worry that my trainer Hermana Crandall came BACK to our area, and is now with my last companion Hermana Coe. My baby is killing off grandma.Who would have thought. haha
p.s.s. my new addy #writeme :)
26325 Northgate Crossing Blvd #1621
Spring, Tx 77373
Araujo Family (H-10)
Ew, i look so gross b.c it was so hot and i was sweating like a pig, but here's the three generations: grandma, mom, baby #ilovethem #whycantwebeatrio??
#fairbankstrio #ccc
Again, super hot sweaty mess, but me and my new comp: Hermana Clement :)
freaking cutest baby of my life #thewoodlands
freaking cutest baby of my life #thewoodlands
No comments:
Post a Comment