Perseverar hasta el fin = Endure to the end. Enduring is not always easy, but knowing the gospel of Jesus Christ makes it possible. I have learned over and over again what "enduring" actually means as a missionary. There are so many times when you are just so tired and you just want to give up and go home, but you can't! Because enduring means to withstand; to overcome and to triumph. At least it does to me. Since coming to my new area, I have felt all those things. It has been a semi-difficult adjustment, due to the difference in area, less members, less success in finding, and in general, just less people willing to listen, or learn. Then adding in the elements and my health, it has made it almost impossible for me to feel the way I felt just a few weeks ago in the city. But here's the thing... all those feelings, and issues are controllable; and are all about me. I was focusing on myself, and what I wanted, and what I needed. And that is not why I am here. I am here on the Lord's errand and I promised to submit my will to Him. I am not here for myself, I am here to teach the gospel and serve my Savior.
In the past three weeks, I have received four Priesthood (authority/ power of God) blessings. To heal my body and for much needed comfort. The Savior knows me and He knows my heart. He knows I want to be here and that I want to love this area as much as my last, and that is why He has put people in my life to help me get there.
In the end of the old testament, in the book of Isaiah, chapter 41 verse 10 states, "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." Fear not! He is with us! He will strengthen us and give us aid! He is aware of us and what we need and He will not leave us. My heart is so full whenever I read that scripture because I know for a fact that my Savior is with me and is also praying for me that I will have success. I am so grateful to have the knowledge that life isn't just about THIS life. That we have been promised blessings and everlasting happiness just as long as we endure to the end by following Christ and His example. I testify that through the hard times, is when we learn the most. We were put on this earth to learn of Him, and be molded perfectly in Him. My heart rejoices in knowing this truth. If you have also felt those same feelings of frustration, fear, loneliness, or sadness, remember that Christ suffered through those same things so that he may be able to help you through them (Alma 7:11-12) Pray to Him, learn of Him, and come to Him, and by doing so you will never be lost again :)
I love you all and am so grateful to be able to bear a little piece of my testimony. I hope you all know how loved you are by your Heavenly Father and by His son, Jesus Christ. We are all children of a King, and need to recognize it more often. I know I forget it sometimes, but that's why I'm here, to learn and to grow.
This week was pretty hard, but we found light in the middle of all the darkness. Please pray for my new area of The Woodlands, that we may be able to have success and find those that are prepared and are ready to accept the Lord and His Gospel. :)
We have Zone Conference coming up this week and I was asked to do the musical number! I'm excited and nervous. lol I also have a baptism on saturday for Marilyn, in my last area!! wooooo! I am sooooo excited I could actually cry! I was asked to do the baptismal talk, and sing. haha. I also have to prepare a talk to Zone Conference, just in case I get picked randomly (that's the way they choose the speakers). I was chosen last conference, but who knows :) It's definitely going to be a busy week, but such a good one! I hope you all have a great week and know how much I love you!!
Les amo con todo mi corazon,
Hermana Carbajal
#ETTE #Enduretotheend #SiSePuede ;)
Well I mean, we all know how I feel about babies... #babiesofHouston
My main man, Edgar. #babiesofHouston
Arturo #babiesofHouston
Love dem Texan skies #TheWoodlands #THM #TexasHoustonMission
No comments:
Post a Comment