Monday, October 13, 2014

Milagros

Well this week was AMAZING!!! Like seriously SO, SO, SO good!! We had a BAPTISM, an investigator at our baptism, two new investigators, a new commitment to baptism AND a family that wants to be sealed in the TEMPLE!! Ahhhhhhhhh! It's amazing how the Lord really takes over when you let Him :) This area used to be "dead", but as you can see, its alive and well! We are so grateful for the tender mercies and sweet blessings the Lord has granted us with! It is so sweet to taste the fruit of your labors :)

On Tuesday, we went down to the LDS Employment Center with a potential investigator. She is actually a former investigator and we contacted her a few months ago in hopes she would want to start learning again, but wasn't interested in learning. She was interested in our free English classes we offer at our church though, and has been attending every class every week since! So that's been great. But up until now, she hasn't shown any interest in anything else so we haven't pressured her about it. Last week, she came up to us and was like, "Hermanas, I hear there's a free employment center I can go to, will you come with me!" We were like, "sure!!" So we head down and the whole time I kept feeling impressed to just talk to her about her life, thoughts, beliefs, whatever. I just really wanted to get to know her and we started building a connection so that was nice. We went inside the employment center and the senior missionary couple helped her as we sat along side her, translating when needed.  I honestly didn't really know what was going to come out of all of this, we genuinely just wanted to do a service and help her, not try to convince to start taking the lessons or anything, so we just kind of sat back. But in the two hours we were there, I could really see something happening to her. She could feel the spirit. And maybe it was just because she felt all the love and kindness from all the people trying to help her get a job, so she could give her a family a better life, I'm not sure but she was really moved and began to weep. We got into the car and she couldn't stop crying, and I was, "Hermana, how are you feeling?" "Loved, so very loved". She began to just cry over how she always feels something special when she comes into the church for english class, and how she always feel so good when she's talking to us, but when she was in the employment center, it was too overwhelming and that's why she began to cry. She didn't understand what was happening, but she knew they were good, happy tears. I explained to her that it was the Holy Ghost, it was testifying to her that all these people around her have good intentions and only want to help. She began to cry even more and then said, "I want to feel that way everyday, will you teach me how?" I mean.... YEAH!!! :)) #signalfireworksandhorns haha But seriously, it was so incredible. Now, we are teaching her and are so grateful for such a sweet, and tender experience of watching the spirit testify to her. Ahh, I JUST LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!

On Saturday, we had EDGAR'S BAPTISM!! Literally the cutest, chubbiest little boy you've ever seen. I want to eat him and just take him home. Ahhh, I love him so much!! We've been through so much with this family since I've been here. In the past three months, we have reactivated their family, baptized Edgar, and last night his parents expressed their gratitude and love for us and told us they want us to help them get to the temple :))))))) EEEEEEEEEEE. I started crying. OH my gosh. I was freaking out. Ahh, I LOVE this family, like for real, I am so grateful for them. I know I was sent to this area to meet them and I am just SO grateful Heavenly Father has entrusted us with such sweet souls. 

Also, our golden investigator, Hugo, CAME to the baptism!! :)))) He almost didn't make it! But he made it just in time to see the ordinance. He LOVED IT! Afterwards he just had so many questions and told me how happy he was that he could come. Also, the ward basically fellowshipped the heck out of him and welcomed him like no other. I love our ward. They're amazing :)

Also, our investigator, Grecia committed to baptized on November 22nd!! Yayyyyy!! They're another family we're working a lot with. Her husband is a less active, and she is super interested and they have a goal to be sealed so I mean, it's gonna happen :))))

Life is sooo good and we are SOOOOO blessed! The Lord is hastening His work and blessing His servants. Thank you for your constant prayers, I feel them everyday :) I love you all so much and hope you feel it!

Les amo con todo mi corazoncito <3

Hermana Carbajal

p.s. I heard you get extra blessings for writing missionaries/ sending packages. I mean, I'm just saying ;) haha
26325 Northgate Crossing Blvd #1621
Spring, Tx 77373


 We found this cute little Jewish New York style deli and had some fun :) #asmuchfunasamissionarycanhave ;)
 I loooooove her

 ​We went to the Brooklyn Bridge :) hahah
​District lunches #districtunity
 ​We made this rad camouflage cupcakes for the bap :)
 ​Bap Outfit :) #10dollarskirt #holla
 Me and my super cute comp :) #iluhhher
 Ready for El Bautismo :)))
 ​I LOVE THEM #especiallythatlilchiknug


No comments:

Post a Comment