Wednesday, October 8, 2014

9 Meses!!!

Well, its happened! I've hit NINE MONTHS!! Wooo! Half way!! Nine months down, nine months to go! Crazy!!!! These past nine months have been some of the happiest and hardest months of my whole life! I feel like I've really grown to DEPEND, and truly love my Savior. It has been a time of growth, trials, learning, and complete joy. I am so grateful I listened to the still small voice that urged me to make this decision. I don't know where I would be without it. I only have nine more months to keep serving, and then the rest of my life to be grateful for it! What a wonderful blessing :)

Well this week was seriously CRAZYYYY. I felt like I wasn't even a proselyting missionary this week because I have been in meetings almost every single day! Ah! But it has been sooo good! On Wednesday, we had our interviews with President Mortensen, and a specialized training. It was so nice to see President, and be able to receive the counsel and upliftment I needed to hear from him :) Our specialized training was all about how we can better serve our members, less actives, and investigators. It was really insightful and I feel like I have a greater understanding on how I can better help the people in my area.

On Friday, we had zone meeting, where we learned more on how to better prepare our investigators and less actives to make commitments with the Lord. I have really gained a testimony on really trying to figure out the real needs that these people have. Because they are people!! Not numbers!! We are here to invite others to come unto Christ and teach them about His restored church. That's it! I feel like a lot of times, we as missionaries get caught up in all the craziness of being a missionary and forget the importance of those two simple responsibilities. To simply invite and teach. I hope that through my genuine efforts that these sweet people will feel of my sincere love for them and feel of that purpose. After zone meeting, we had to hurry on up and drive almost an hour to the family history center where we've been having training every friday for the past month. The church is training all the missionaries to be completely family history savvy, so that we can help members and investigators with their own genealogy! I'm just so grateful because I literally no NOTHING about family history work, sooooo if anything, I'm learning tons and will (hopefully) be ready when we are an iPad mission and will be able to help in so many ways!

And then you know it was just CONFERENCE!!! Which like blew my freaking mind. Conference as a missionary is like the best weekend ever. It seriously is. I wait for it forever, and then it comes and goes soooo quickly!! Ahh!! I LOVED Lynn G. Robbins talk over being fearless. I feel like a lot of time we feel pressured to please man before God, but we have to remember who is our creator and loves us... obviously GOD! So that one was sooo awesome! I also looooooved Uchtdorf's talk over our own stewardship in the gospel. We have the freedom to know what is true or not and that you can receive whatever answer you want, if you work for it!! I feel like a lot of times, at least in my life, I want things right away! We as a human race want instant gratification and this just not how it works all the time. The best things in life come through hard work, diligence, and patience. That's when we can really reap what we sow :) I obvs loved President Monson's talk on how it is more important to walk HOW Jesus walked, then walk where he has walked. Ahhh, it was soo good. They were ALL good! It honestly don't have a favorite! I feel like I learned so much for myself, and on how I can help others as well. It is seriously an incredible blessing that we have a living prophet today that speaks to us the words Christ wants him to speak. I feel so blessed to be able to have experienced two conferences as a missionary, and then only one more left! Ahh! The time is flying by tooooo fast!

I hope you all had a chance to listen to the General Conference talks and receive your own personal revelation that God wanted you to hear. If you didn't have a chance to watch or it hear it, we are pretty blessed because you catch up online!! #noexcuses :) You WILL be blessed by raising your knowledge of the gospel, and who know's  you might even help bless someone else's life because of it.. :)

Les quiero con todo mi corazon! Hasta la promixa semana

Hermana Carbajal <3

p.s. what was your favorite talk? Tell me about it :) 26325 Northgate Crossing Blvd. #1621 Spring, TX 77373
 ​​#districtunity
 Morning of interviews #studiesatdennys #specializedtrainingprep  #missionlyfe
 Everyday #missionlyfe #stressoverload #soooootired
 We made cookies/invites to conference for all of our investigators and members :) It was sooo fun!
 General Conference Sunday lunch #wecookedeverythingtogether
​9 meses!!!!! Halfway!!! #istoppedwearingmakeup9monthsago #nbd

No comments:

Post a Comment