Tomorrow is Halloween!! Yayyy!! My favorite holiday! I hope you all have a great day and have so much fun! This week's email is a little late because we have a new rule where we can change our p-day if we get permission to go to the temple. Well, I was going to go tomorrow, but then we randomly found out we are now having zone meeting and we have to weekly plan, so...guess no real p-day this week. So, we are not going to the temple tomorrow, but we ARE going on saturday with special permission because a girl in our ward is going on a mission, so her AND her mom are both going through the temple for the first time!! Ahhh! We are soo excited to be able to go and experience that special day with them :) Also, I am sooooo happy because I haven't been to the temple since JUNE. My poor heart needs that sweet spirit in my life that only the temple can bring. If you have the opportunity to go, GO! You never know HOW much it affects you when you don't for so long/ you're not allowed to, but it's okay! Obedience teaches discipline :)
A lot of things have happened the past few weeks! We are in a new transfer, my 7th transfer in the mission! Yikes!! Saturday marks my 10 months!!! Wooo!! Crazy how fast time flies by! And this new transfer has been crazyyyyyy already! Last transfer, the missionaries in our ward decided that we needed to make a change. We didn't feel like we were working as effectively as possible, so we came up with a new plan. As of last week, split up the ward boundaries and split it in three halves. Now we are all serving in COMPLETELY NEW areas! Ahhhh! The mission term for this is "white washing", which means its a new a start. You have nothing but the Area Book to counsel with. It's definitely been a little stressful, given I am also still training a new missionary, so it's been a little tricky juggling so many new things/ responsibilities but the Lord has really blessed us. We are having so many miracles and the Lord knows this was for a reason. We are excited to see what will come from it all!!
Last week we had our first activity in our ward since I've been here! It was our Halloween party and it was a HUGE success! We had 30+ non-members and it was so much fun! We even did a church tour to introduce the building to all the visitors :) Everyone had a great time and we can't wait for the next activity!! All the missionaries dressed up and did face painting, and basically took all the pictures. It was a blast!
Yesterday, my little hermanita and I had our 8 week trainer/trainee meeting. It was a great! We learned more ways on how to be better "master teachers" (a philosophy our mission president has implemented) that helps us teach more like the Savior taught. The trainers learned new ideas on how to be better trainers, and the trainees learned how to be better teachers. It was very insightful! I can't believe it's already been 8 weeks! I feel like we were just put together! Ahhh! We'll probably be split up in 4 weeks :/ It's going to be sad but she will definitely be ready to take over our area after I'm gone! :)
It has been a crazy couple of weeks but I am so grateful for all the challenges that come my way, because they teach me how to be better everyday! Being a missionary is one of the most wonderful things I have ever done in my life. There is not one day that goes by that I am not grateful to my Savior for letting me serve Him and His children.
Have a safe and Happy Halloween! I love you all, but God loves you more ;)
Con todo mi corazonsito,
Hermana Carbajal <3
The Woodlands is gorgeous!! These lake side homes are unreal!
Me and my compa :)
The Woodlands Hermanas (we miss you Fitzy xoxo)
Transfers were on tuesday and so many of my friends went home!! So sad but so happy!!
So last wednesday a surprise visitor came to our ward! Brother Koch from my singles ward! He's Hermana Koch's dad (and we now serve in the same ward) and he was in town for business and came to surprise us! Crazyyy :)
He also took us all out to BBQ. No big that it was my first real time in 10 months! :)
Ward Halloween Party!!!
Elder Christensen and Leah as Woody and Jesse #sooopresh
The hermanas face painting
Lady Bug/ Red Riding Hood (who's going on a mission)/ Bumble Bee :)
bebeeeeees
We made these Ghost cupcakes for the fiesta :)
Just a lil Ladybug #evenasamissionaryistilldressup :)
Ladybug nails :)
No comments:
Post a Comment