Well winter has officially come to Houston! This morning was 36 degrees!! What the heck??? I mean, it was literally 85 degrees last week. Texas is crazyyyyy. haha But we are all so grateful for a change of climate!
This week has been soooooooooooo great. It was sooooo hard too, but the best things come out of the hardest situations! On tuesday night, I woke up with the worst toothache, so on wednesday we went to the dentist to find out I needed a root canal! Yikes! Obviously I was freaking out because 1. the mission doesn't cover dental insurance and 2. I just had all my dental stuff done LAST november before I left on my mission! So, it's been pretty hard because I was either in a crazy amount of pain, or super sick from the medicine that I was taking. Not too mention that we are still trying to figure everything out in this new area change, so it was pretty hard. But want to the know the raddest thing? Even though I was literally dying every single day this week, we still went out every day and I prayed sooo hard that the Lord would just give me enough strength to make it through the lesson without crying, and then it could come back as soon as I got into the car. And He did exactly that. He helped me get through every single lesson, and then He helped us set THREE BAPTISMAL DATES this week!!!! Yayyyyyyyy! Two with investigators that have been struggling for sooooo long, and the Lord softened their hearts because of the sacrifice I was making with my body. I know it. The Lord is so good. He gives us soooo much more than we deserve. We also found two new investigators and had 6 less actives come to church on sunday! Miracles everywhere!!!
He has blessed me more than I could ever express in words. He helps me be stronger every single day and I know it's only possible through His unconditional love and tender mercies. I know Thanksgiving is next week, but I'm already giving so much thanks to my Heavenly Father for always taking care of me. I am never alone and I am so grateful for it. We should always been showing our thanks to Him because without Him we are nothing! I love my Heavenly Father for all the sweet blessings I am given, and my sweet Savior for making it possible for me to return home to my Heavenly Father. The gospel of Jesus Christ teaches us these principles of His everlasting gospel. I invite each one of you to learn more, even if you already know it, or if you are beginning to find it. It will change you forever!
I love you all so much and hope you have a great day and are staying warm. Unless you're in California, then go swim in the ocean for me ;)
Les amo con todo mi corazon,
Hermana Carbajal
Crannny spent all p-day with us!
we made a bday cake for two elders in our district!!
Jocelyn's Farewell!
Izzy!!
This week I worked with santa!! Check out Amazingsantaletters.com and see who's voice seems familiar ;) #itsme!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment