Monday, November 3, 2014

Hastening His Work

Well this past week was awesome!!! Even though, I feel like I literally just emailed, we had a lot of really exciting things happen! On friday, we had zone meeting and had a really amazing meeting on prayer and recognizing the Holy Spirit in our lives. As a missionary that is something that has really been witnessed to me. Before my mission, I thought you only felt the spirit when you felt like goosebumps, or an overwhelming warmth in your body, or you just can't handle it so you just start bawling <--- (that was me). But in reality, the Spirit is a celestial being, thus it can testify in anyway it would like to, or feels appropriate. I have really come to recognize that even just a feeling of peace, or of simple comfort is the Spirit. The Spirit can only testify of good things, so if you are involved in something good, or meaning of God, it will witness to you that it is true. That is something that took so long for me to learn, so obviously people that are just learning about the church are NOT going to know that! So we learned new ways in how to teach the sweet lesson to our investigators. It was so awesome and I learned so much! We also made a zone goal to invite at least one person to be bapitzed... EVERY DAY. Ahhh! Sooooo pumped!! I feel like as missionaries sometimes we get scared and forget our purpose, but our purpose is to INVITE others to come unto Christ. And the only way that is possible is through repenting of your sins, and being baptized by His authority!! So, we accepted the challenge and have done it everyday since! Two for Two! Wooo!!

Saturday was a suchhhh a good day! We went on exchanges with the other Woodlands hermanas, and then met up later for our temple trip. A girl in my ward is leaving for the California San Fernando Valley Mission on December 3rd! Wooo! (I told her she was coming to california :)) Anyway, her AND her mom both went through the temple for the first time and it was sooo good! I bawled my eyes out when they hugged at the end. What a sweet experience to share such a wonderful day with someone that means so much to you. Ahhh, it was just so good! Also, we did the session en espanol!! Eeeeee! I've never done a session is spanish before and I'm not going to lie, I was a little nervous because I wasn't certain I would understand everything, but DUH, of course I could. I speak spanish, and everything else I do is in spanish! haha Silly me :) Anyway, it was sooo awesome and a great experience to share with my companion and our ward.

Sunday we had 4 investigators come to church!! Wooo! So happy :) Then after church we had ward council and were able to really receive a lot of insight on how we can better help the ward. Then afterwards, the 1st counselor in the Mission Presidency walked into our building with his wife and asked us to sing in a interfaith choir! You know I was down! :) It was seriously sooooo fun! It was at a Lutheran church right next door to ours, and they make a choir each year for a Thankgiving event and make up a choir full of all kinds of faiths, races, and beliefs! It was seriously soo cool!! We are performing later this month and cannot wait to send pictures :)

At 6pm, we had our dinner appointment with a family in our ward and spoke on the importance of prayer. All of a sudden their non-member 10 yr old cousin from Honduras jumps in and talked about how prayer is the only thing that keeps her going. Her mom recently gave birth to her baby 2 months prematurely and she with the baby have been having serious health issues since. This little girl prays day and night for her mom and baby brother that they will be okay! Her faith and love for her Heavenly Father touched my heart so much and we explained to her that God loves His children and that God was listening to her sweet prayers. It was such a tender lesson and in the end we invited her to baptized and she accepted! Wooo! Soooo amazing. The spirit was so strong and we know we were lead to her because she is so prepared to let God into her life.

Being a missionary has opened my eyes to so many things. I feel unworthy of all the blessings I receive. The Lord is too good to us, and for that reason, we must give Him all that we can. I know that through service to the Lord we are building up His kingdom and hastening His work. There is no other place, I'd rather be :) I LOVE you all and pray for you daily! Have a great week!!!

Con amor,

Hermana Carbajal

p.s. I know I've been out almost a year but I mean.... I still like letters ;)
26325 Northgate Crossing Blvd #1621
Spring, Tx 77373

 Halloween (missionary) Fun :)  We went to a Pumpkin Patch :)


 8 week training with my besties


 ​Elders
 Hermanas
 Zone Meeting :)
 ​My Gold Halloween nails :D
 Besos from Tejas xoxo
 Our Halloween decorations :)

 ​We were stuck in CONSTRUCTION traffic for almost 2 hours so we had lots of picture taking time :)
 Last saturday we did service for the Red Cross in Conroe. (btw we had permission to drive the Elders no need to thing we're Apos :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment