This year has FLOWN by! I mean, really. I left home last January, and Thanksgiving is on thursday!! Ahhhh! My mission is going by tooooooo fast!! Everyone always said it flies by, and they weren't lying! We have FOUR dinner appointments set up for Thanksgiving, so... pray for me. haha
This week was really good. We had over 25 lessons and it was awesome! We have 57 member families in our area, and 32 of them are inactive 0_0 So, I mean.... we're keeping busy. It's almost a little overwhelming, but it's going to be okay :) We have seen so many miracles, and we know we are meant to visit these families for a reason! This week, we met with one of our less active families, and we are teaching their little girl so she can be baptized, and usually they're all kind of running around, but they all sat in on the lesson and participated! The spirit was so strong and everyone could definitely feel it :)
On Saturday, we had our gospel principles teacher accompany us on a lesson. It was sooooooo powerful. It was with one of our investigators that is scheduled to be baptized next month but has been struggling to keep his committments. We taught about REALLY knowing for ourselves, and how we can do it. President Mortensen taught a very powerful lesson on it at our zone conference this past friday. During his lecture, I had strong revelation that we weren't teaching correctly. We were TRYING to, but we were doing something wrong. We as a mission have been trying to "master teach" or teach as the Savior taught, by asking inspired questions, and it's hard!!! It is sooo amazing, but it can be difficult sometimes to find the right questions that lead to the right answers, but it is amazing, and it works! I realized during that lecture that we were asking questions, but the wrong ones. So, when we went to see our investigator, we went in guns-a-blazing. haha. We were lovingly bold, and asked the questions inspired by the spirit. It was incredible! It was the first time I had seen his eyes really light up. He felt the spirit and RECOGNIZED it. That's the thing with master teaching. You just go in asking questions, and you find out what they know, and what they don't, and that's how the Savior taught. He taught and catered individually, and we are trying to do the same :)
Transfer calls are this sunday and I think I might be leaving this area :( Ahhhh! It's so crazy! It's not for sure yet, so don't all go freaking out. I will have a definite answer by next week :)
I have been getting questions about christmas packages. So, the things I would like for christmas, are basically just things I need. haha. Like new clothes, shoes, nail, polish, not suave shampoo... oh gosh. haha This is my life. But you all know, I am super easy going and love everything, so I would be grateful for anything :)
I love you all so much and hope you all have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving full of love and laughter! Have a great week!!
Les amo con todo mi corazoncito,
Hermana Carbajal
packages can be sent to: 26325 Northgate Crossing Blvd #1621 Spring, TX or 16623 Hafer Rd. Houston, TX 77090
LOVE YOUUUUUUU
On wednesday my comp played for the New Beginnings program in our ward, and I sang the 2014 Efy song "Come unto Christ" with them. :) It was so cute!
It made me miss YW's sooooo bad!
My little Leo and his cute pic #babiesofhouston
We made little Turkey invites for our Ward Thanksgiving Party! It was a huge turn out :)
The Lindseys are leaving :((( But they made us their famous pancakes to say goodbye :) We love them!!
Breakfast this morning with our district and the Lindseys :)
No comments:
Post a Comment