Hello!! This week was soo wonderful. We had three investigators at church, and two reactived members! Woo-hoo!!! Miracles are happening :) We also had a super busy week including a missionary homecoming, companionship exchanges, district meeting, and a funeral :(
First off, the missionary homecoming was so great! The missionary that came home is actually the daughter of one of our in actives, soooooo it was a great time to get in with them :) Which we did!! No one has been able to get in with them for a loooong time, but we did!! Yayyy! Hopefully now with his daughter home, he will remember the sweet power of the spirit and come back to church!! We had exchanges on thursday to friday and Hermana Lizzie Koch (who is my Sister training leader, and friend from home!!!) we went on an exchange and had a great time/ talked about the beach/ had miracles :) and my little baby trainee went on her first exchange to a nearby area called, Conroe. So it was a good time. District meeting was very insightful as always, especially when my District leader literally caught a fly in his hand, and then "let it go because he didn't want to hurt it" hahaha, I was dying. And on wednesday, we had a funeral :(
The woman that passed away was a sister that had been very sick for a long time. She had been in a hospital in downtown Houston for almost two years. I actually thought she had cancer because had been in a hospital for so long but she actually had AIDS :( She was only 55 years old and has two daughters: a 22 yr old and a 11 yr old. My heart was breaking the entire service because her 22 yr old daughter has been taking care of her two babies, plus her younger sister and everything else, just hoping it will all work out. As she wept, all I could think about was how grateful I am for eternal families. For the Plan of Salvation that teaches us that this life is not the end. We did not start our lives on this earth, and it is not over when we leave it. Even in such a hard time, the Lord shines light on us through that knowledge that we will see our loved ones again <3
In other news, our two newest investigators are blowing my mind. We went over to their house friday night to actually teach them about the Plan of Salvation, but we couldn't! They had read the introduction, ALL of the testaments, and the first three chapters of the Book of Mormon. No big. Ahhh!!! I literally couldn't stop smiling!!! I was seriously freaking out. They had so many questions and were wanting more and more!!! It brought so much happiness to my heart and made me so grateful to my Heavenly Father for giving us some of His most prepared children to find His light.
I am so grateful day in and day out for this great opportunity to serve the Lord. Everyone has always said that you never know true love/ service until you serve a mission, and it is so true! My 18 month sacrifice is nothing compared to His sacrifice for me. I love him and know He loves and protects me everyday. I hope you all feel that same love :) And if you're looking for it, go find it :)
www.mormon.org
www.Lds.org
Les amo con todo mi corazon!
Hermana Carbajal
We went to a little boy's birthday party in our ward and met 3 potentials! Weeee
It ain't no mexi party without a Pinata :)
It also ain't no mexi party without a "mordita" (biting the cake)
Exchangesss with Hermana Koch
So, I may or may not have found ESSIE nail stickers at the freaking Dollar Tree. Yup. Don't worry, I bought like 8 :)
Cute, huhh????
Wilfredo our recent convert made me a flower pen!!! He's Precious :)
I also may or may not have bought a Giraffe onesie #dontjudgeme #areyoureallythatsurprised? #iconvincedmycomptobuyonetoo :) hahaha
Just one more for good measure. Apparently my camera has filters. haha Didn't know that :) #1of400onesieselfies
El Salvadorean Food! Horchata (not the rice kind-it tasted like a PB milkshake :)) Tamales, and Pupusas. #imadethepupsas!! :)
Comp unity at its finest :) #itsonesietime #itwas100degreesoutside
P-Day Eve: Animal onesies, Blue Bell Ice cream, and The Testaments #dontlookatmyfeet #theyreblackandwhite
No comments:
Post a Comment