Well family and friends... this week has been one of the best weeks of my whole mission. Why? Let me tell you why... The Lord blesses his servants. When you ask for something with a sincere heart and real intent, and you have proved yourself worthy of it, He WILL give you what you ask for. The past month or so has been kind of rough in this area. It has been hard trying to find Hispanics (at all), and people that want to learn in general. That can obviously way on a person, but my companion and I have been working so hard, and praying SO hard, that we would be blessed with finding people in our area. Welp, its working :) This week we invited 191 people to learn about Jesus Christ. Yup, almost 200! We also found 9 new investigators, confirmed 1 baptismal date for October, and had 1 member be reactivated!!!!! BLESSINGS!!!! So basically my companion and I are walking on Cloud Nine, and we are so humbled that Heavenly Father has entrusted us with so many of His children!
In other news, my companion and I are doing so great. She is working so hard to learn the language and is so eager to just do everything! I so need her, because she helps motivate me in this "9 month hump" stage as they call mid-way missionaries. It's pretty common for missionaries to kinda start getting tired when they reach half way, but with a brand new missionary, there is no slowing down! I am so grateful for her and for her diligence! I know we were meant to be together for a reason :)
This week we had soooooo many miracles but one of my favorites was meeting a very special man named, Jeff. So before we met him we were tracting and we saw these two "white guys"(basically meaning anyone that doesn't speak spanish haha), which we don't always talk to because sometimes they're super mean, and we're spanish missionaries, but we committed to talking to EVERYONE, so we went over to them. We talked to them for a while, and they weren't interested in our message but they were interested about learning more about Family History so we gave them a card and asked them if they knew of anyone in that area that could benefit from our message? They told us a man a few trailers down loved to talk about God, so they said we should try him. Now, the "white people" of Texas can sometimes be pretty mean to missionaries so I've had some bad experiences when they've told us to try someone, because its usually a set up and we end up meeting a Pentecostle or a Jehova's Witness, and they just want to Bible bash, which is a like a no go. But we didn't really even think about it and just walked over there and hoped for the best. This middle aged, shirtless man, with long grey hair answered the door and instantly smiled and invited us in. I mean, usually there is like no way in the world I would go into a setting like that, just two little Hermana's, but he reassured us he wasn't a creep (haha) and that his wife was home. We looked at each other and felt good about it, so we went inside. We sat down and began to have a powerful first discussion with him. He was so intrigued by everything we said and had so many good questions! When we introduced the Book of Mormon and the blessings it held, his eyes filled with tears. He was filled with spirit, and it was testifying to him what we were saying was true! It was amazing!!!! As we left, he opened up about his wife and how she had been struggling with health issues for sometime now and he felt that as he strengthened his faith, that she could strengthen hers too! He was crying, we were all crying, and he told us we were Angels sent from heaven to come rescue him. I mean, let's be real. I lost it. lol. He told us we were the best company he had all year and he knew were meant to meet that day. We knew it too. If we hadn't spoken to those men, and followed their referral, we may have never met Jeff. The spirit is such a strong tool in this work. It guides us every single day and helps us find those that are ready to hear this beautiful message of hope and light.
I have learned a lot on my mission, but one thing I have really grown a testimony on is being somewhere at the right place and at the right time. The Lord will always guide us and show us the way, and even if it's not the an impression from the spirit, if it's something good, The Lord will help us in our endeavors. I am so humbled to have the opportunity to carry His name on my shirt every day. That He ALLOWS me to work for Him. It has been such a blessing in my life to be His servant in such a special way. Please keep praying for our area that we may keep finding His children here in The Woodlands.
I love you all!!! But God loves you more ;)
Les quiero con todo mi corazon,
Hermana Carbajal
p.s. I may be almost half way, but I still love letters ;) 26325 Northgate Crossing Blvd. #1621 Spring, TX 77373
No comments:
Post a Comment