Monday, September 29, 2014

Meet The Mormons

So, this week has been full of exciting things! We have two new investigators! We found a part member family, and have an opportunity to have two new investigators, and reactivate a family!! Wooo! The work is hastening!! Thank you for all your prayers! We FEEL them everyday :)

This week, we were sent a message telling us we were going to watch some random movie, so to come to a certain chapel, at a certain time for our zones. Well turns out, there is a NEW full feature film called "Meet the Mormons" coming out in october NATIONWIDE!! It's like a real, legit movie!!! And we got to watch it! Oh man, it was so awesome! I haven't watched a movie in what seems like forever!! lol. But this movie is SOO good!! It is basically just like a documentary about 6 Latter-day saint families all over the world, and just shows that Latter-day Saints are NORMAL people! :) It is so gooood. I laughed, I cried, and felt the spirit! I strongly invite EVERYONE to watch it and to recommend it to friends and families. I think this movie is going to do a lot of good and I am so excited about it!

We had another AMAZING lesson with our two golden investigators, Hugo and Edilma. They are seriously unreal. We taught the Plan of Salvation this week and they were asking questions that could have only be taught by the spirit. They are out of control. We committed them to baptism and they said yes!! Wooo!!! They said they're not ready to set a date yet, but we know as we lovingly teach by the spirit, they will know when they will be ready :)

We went to Women's conference this saturday! It was amazing!!!!! I loved alll the talks! I hope all my lady friends were able to watch it and listen to those sweet talks specifically meant for us! Before the broadcast, our stake did a little service project/ dinner, and then a mini women's conference just for our stake. They had all the recent returned missionaries come up and speak, and they did this whole thing for all the missionaries currently serving. It was so cute :) The spirit was so strong and it made me so proud to be serving! Then to close, I was asked to put together a musical number, so I decided to do the EFY Medley en espanol with all the Hermanas in our stake. It was UNREAL! The spirit was so strong, I was bawling the whole time I was singing. Sisterhood is something I've really come to appreciate and treasure as I've come to know so many treasured daughters of God :)

We are just having so much success and are so grateful everyday to be serving in such a great area! I love our ward, and our new ward mission leader who is really going to mix things up!! Keep praying for us that we will continue finding the prepared, and be a blessing in these people's lives! There is no greater joy than sharing the Lord's work with His children. I would never give up these past nine months for anything. The Lord is so merciful, and I feel so blessed to be allowed to serve him daily here in The Woodlands.

I love you all and hope you all watch General Conference this week!!! I know it is going to be amazing and will change lives! It is such a blessing to be able to hear the Lord's called servants twice a year!!! I also can't believe that last conference, I was still training, and now I'm the trainer! Woo! Time is flying by! And on wednesday I have nine months left!! Oh man, time flies when you're having fun!

General conference: Saturday October 4, and Sunday October 5: www.Lds.org <----- watch it. you know you want to ;)

Les amo con todo mi corazon!

Hermana Carbajal
We found a prettttty big chair at the mall. I think I'm going to keep it :)
 ​My comps cute momma gave us a subway gift card! Thanks Ally! #weloveyou!
Some nasty Texan Blue water #theyliterallydyetheirwaterhere #texanlyfe
 Our district has so much unity. We have fancy italian lunches after district meeting. #iLOVEthem
 ​Hermana Hill's fam went to italy this summer. So this olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and pesto were legit!
 Me and my two children, and Hermana Esquerra #ilovemygirls

No comments:

Post a Comment