So, I'm sure most of you have seen on the news by now all the craziness that is Houston right now. However, do not fret, we are okay :) The flooding was bad, like really bad. It took more than 30 lives, and they are still finding bodies in cars, and in ditches :( It was a huge tragedy and apparently Houston hasn't had flooding like this in over 30 years (lucky me), but we are just grateful that we are all right and that no one in our mission was hurt. Please keep praying for Houston and that the rain will stay away :)
On saturday we got a call from our mission president saying there was a sister on her way home from Nicaragua when lightnening struck their plane, so someone needed to pick her up. Someone meaning us. :X Just as we started driving to the airport, it started to downpour again and we were certain it was going to flood just like monday. We were freaking out, but we said a prayer and had faith that we'd be okay. We drove slowly in the unstoppable rain and finally made it to the airport. We picked up Sister Garfield and took her to get some dinner. Poor thing had been traveling since 4 am and hadn't eaten all day!! As we were driving home I saw this huge white blueish light from the corner of my eye and then everything went dark. We had just witnessed a street wide black out. It was CRAZZY!! I literally thought we were in Hiroshima. lol. But really, then after my heart started pumping again, we were making a turn and our car hydroplaned 2 feet almost hitting the freeway divider. #thuglyfe.
Also, yesterday a man was swinging his Pistol on his finger like it was a ring pop. hahaha Oh man, it's crazy down here. The area is crazy, the people are crazy, and we're going crazy soooo, it's all good :D
This saturday my companion and I were selected to represent our mission at a convention in Downtown Houston. We are soooooooo stokedddddd!!! I'll send pictures next week.
Last night, I sang at my last fireside on my mission and my recent convert, Cory spoke about her conversion story. Gahhh, I love her!! I said goodbye to a lot of people last night that I probably won't see again for a loooong time. It's weird, I think I'm actually in denial because it still doesn't feel like I'm leaving!! Ahhh, it's weird! I'm just working with my companion to strengthen our area and our wards and working till the end!!
Les amo con todo mi corazoncito,
Hermana Carbajal <3


No comments:
Post a Comment