Monday, June 15, 2015

Miracles happen.

Well, as I have said before my area is a "zebra area", meaning we do english and spanish. Well, ever since we got in this area we haven't had ANY spanish investigators, which I'm sure not used to! We had a few in english, and we even have our friend Alex who is preparing to be baptized next sunday! So, I mean, we're busy, but this is the HEIGHTS!! I am practically in downtown Houston, and there are hispanics everywhere so we were done! Hermana and I prayed about it and felt we needed to use the area book and utilize what we already had! So, we went through all of our former investigators, and part-member families and we found SIXTEEN NEW SPANISH INVESTIGATORS!!! Unreal. I have never in my entire mission found so many investigators in one week!! We knew there were people here, we just needed to have faith!!

We also had a really amazing lesson with Alex this week, we brought our ward mission leader and his wife and before the lesson started we invited his family to sit in on the lesson. His brother and mom decided to join and the lesson was incredible. The spirit was so strong and I couldn't help but cry when I began to testify about the Book of Mormon, and the restored gospel. It was such a powerful lesson. At the end, we invited both of them to be baptized and they accepted!!!!! Ahhhh! They also came to church yesterday, and all three came with us to the temple tours!!!!!!!!!! It was such a happy day!!

Also.... yesterday, I got to see my "golden couple" I have talked so much about! They came from The Woodlands with the elders to the temple tour! I about almost died. It was such a tender mercy. They are one of the greatest miracles of my mission, and I know that one day they will be baptized!

We also had a special spanish leadership council, which I think was really beneficial and will hopefully help our spanish program become stronger!

We did a mini drive-by past this ghetto-fab outdoor rap concert in the 5th ward. Don't worry, we locked our doors and went by really fast. We, and when I mean we, I mean... Hermana Marlowe, saved a HUGE turtle from the hood streets of the 5th ward. She picked it up and put it our car, and we almost decided to keep it until it kept trying to bite her and scratch her. hahaha. I though turtles were nice! #nope

This week was a amazing, and there are two more to come. Gahhh, I'm really freaking out guys! I'm trying to keep my cool, but going home sounds horrible. haha I mean, there are perks, but I just really love being protected by the spirit 24/7 and I'm not ready to give that up yet!! It's okay, I'll be fine... hopefully :) Pray for me! haha

Also, there is news of another, apparently more agressive tropical storm headed our way, so keep Houston in your prayers!

Les amo con todo mi corazoncito,

Hermana Carbajal
Last P-day at The Galleria :)
 ​Elder Christensen and his impressive Ice skating skills haha
 At the famous Waterfall
 ​Went to the temple with our RC :) #happyhappy


 Trina from Daily Dose took us out to Just Mac. They only have gourmet Mac & Cheese! Cute, huh? :)

 Temple Tours!!!
 A member has a real soccer field behind their house #withbleachersandeverythang

 Meet Tito the Turtle



No comments:

Post a Comment