Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Happy Late Memorial Day!

Well, yesterday was such an awesome day except that we couldn't email because it was a national holiday so there weren't any computers for us non-technology missionaries to use. #somedaywewillhaveipads #pray4ipads #weare :) Anyway, it was actually a super awesome day!! My comp and I were pretty depressed Sunday night because we just thought about how holidays are kind of a bummer on a mission, especially summer holidays because we don't get to swim or anything, but we just planned on going to the church with the other missionaries in our district and playing volleyball or something and that we'd make the best of it. The next morning we got a text from the sisters in the next district over and told us about this BBQ that our bishop and his family were throwing for the holiday and a birthday. We got permission and head out. It WAS SO FUN. Oh my gosh. Literally the most fun p-day I've had yet on my mission. It was pouring rain, but it was also 80 degrees so it was awesome. We played volleyball, soccer, swung on a rope swing and ate lots of yummy food. It was seriously the best. Plus, basically my whole ward was there because my bishop and his family make up the whole ward haha So we knew all the members there. The other Hermanas invited some investigators to come too, so it was even better. We were exhausted, drenched, and covered in mud by the end, but it was definitely a great way to spend Memorial Day. :)
Sunday was the best day ever. Daniella was baptized!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhh. I can't even talk about it. It was one of the best days of my life. I will never forget it ever! She had such a hard week. I told her the Saturday before that Satan was not happy with her decision in following Christ and to just be prepared that if anything out of the ordinary happened to not be discouraged and to keep being faithful. Ha, well that was seriously an understatement!!! That night her ex came over under the influence and just burst in and passed out on the floor and when he came to, he just got up and left. Ughhh. So when Sunday morning came around, I had this strong feeling to call her and when she didn't answer, I freaked. We got to church and she wasn't there. I was like oh no, this isn't good! So after church we head straight over and she just started bawling when she opened the door. I was like oh my gosh, what is going on?? She told us what happened and we just tried to comfort her that Satan knew how strong she was and was going to really try to take her down this week, and he knew exactly how to do it! We promised we would visit her every day that week just to make sure she was okay. Welp, good thing that we did... On Monday, her daughter was attacked by some girl at school, and then her mom literally tried to fight Daniella #nbd, then on Tuesday she lost her keys and couldn't go to work, Wednesday her middle daughter got food poisoning, on Thursday she had to go back to her oldest daughters school because the girl tried to fight her daughter again, and on Friday.... she was fired from her job. -___-  Oh man. We got the call as we were headed back home from a sealing at the temple, and we were like this cannot be happening. Literally the worst week ever. We got to her house and she was just totally totally defeated. I mean, I almost wanted to throw up a white flag, like seriously Satan, can't you just give a girl a break?? We had the Elders come by and give her a blessing of comfort, and the relief society president came over too. We all just tried to comfort her and help her build the strength to carry on. She is such an amazing person. I was so scared that all of these trials would make her change her mind, but instead they made her stronger! That's how we knew she was golden! She recognized that these were just minor trials compared to huge blessings she would receive through making covenants with her Heavenly Father. She's seriously unreal. Well Sunday came along, and my sweet Daniella entered the waters of baptism and started her new life. It was such a sweet and special day. There are soooo many people that love her and supported her, mainly missionaries. As you'll see below, there were like 20 missionaries at one baptism. She's definitely well loved. 

We have another baptism this Sunday!! Hopefully all goes well. Please pray for my investigators!!! Pre-bap weeks can be pretty intense as you can see. lol One thing I have really learned as a missionary is how REAL the adversary is. He is real, and he is mean. He hates seeing others find true and everlasting happiness. It's pretty annoying!! lol But seriously, he is real and I will never let him win. Always remember what team you're on and who you are trying to please. This week we had our Zone Conference and the main topic was Who are you trying to please? Man or God? Pretty intense. Remember your covenants, and why you have been so blessed, and who has blessed you. Remember to always choose to please God instead of man. He will never leave you or fail you. All you need to do is keep His commandments and trust in Him!

I love you all and hope you are happy! Thank you for keeping me in your prayers. I definitely feel them!!!

Les amo con todo mi corazon!

XOXOXOX

Hermana Carbajal

p.s. my mailbox still works fyi.com ;)

10221 Centrepark Dr #926
Houston, Tx 77043


This is us with our newest convert! Yayyy!


No comments:

Post a Comment