Friday, June 27, 2014

The Still Small Voice...

So, this week began with TRANSFERS. (dun dun duuuun) Anyone who's ever served a mission knows that word is scary. haha. Anyway, I am still in Fairbanks, most likely for just five more weeks and then I will be sent somewhere else for the next six months, but who knows, its whatever God wants :) Anyway, transfer calls came around and an elder in our district was told he was being transferred. Then came the transfer game. haha. Oh man, freaking missionaries, we are literally so bored, the most fun thing that happens is guessing where people are going next. lol. Welp, turns out that we had seven Spanish elders leaving and only three coming in. So, that meant that our area which had three companionships was being turned into two! They combined the elders' areas and now there are only two companionships. The elders were in a trio and we were pretty stoked because whenever a companionship is in a trio we can drive together or whatever, its just more convenient. Well... we spoke to soon. Yesterday at church President called them and our favorite elder was Emergency Transferred (ETed) down to the ghettttttttto. I mean, ghetto, ghetto, like people getting shot every day ghetto hahaha. I really shouldn't laugh because then I'm totes gonna be sent there  Oh man, poor kid, but now we have four missionaries, that's it! When I got here five months ago there were seven missionaries and three companionships, now there are two companionships and four missionaries, and we're still a district! haha. It's going to be an interesting transfer, but I can't wait to make it the best yet :)
The rest of the week was kind of interesting. We have 4 progressing investigators right now and they are earnestly praying about a date to be baptized! It's honestly surreal and kind of overwhelming because we are teaching so much everyday, you just get lost in what you're doing. On Tuesday morning we got a call from one of our investies named Marilyn. She's literally the sweetest little lady ever and she's been investigating for a while now and but she wasn't sure if she was ready to be baptized because she kept saying she was "afraid" to read the Book of Mormon, because she felt like she was cheating on the Bible or something. Ay yi yi. And every freaking time we visit her, we're like "hermana, they go together!! You can't have one without the other!!!" (people just never believe you lol) Anyway, the last time we were there I was very bold and said, "we can talk about how the Book of Mormon is true until we go blue in the face, but you are never going to know for yourself unless you read it!!" So she promised that she would read and pray and tell us about it at her next appointment. We prayed everyday that she would have the desire to read and feel that spirit testify to her that it was true! Welp, Tuesday morning she says "Hermana! I read the Book of Mormon! I know it's true! I felt the Holy Ghost tell me it was true like you said! I know it's true and I want to be baptized!!!" (insert in shock emoticon)  What?!?!?! I mean, okay Heavenly Father, THANK YOU!!! I literally didn't even know what to say, I just started screaming. haha Oh my gosh, I just began to tear up because I was so happy. I was so grateful to my Heavenly Father for answering our prayers, and for the gift he had given her of that confirmation that this church really is true. The Holy Ghost is so detrimental to conversion. That is the only way someone's heart can be changed, by that still, small voice piercing your heart and testifying of its power!!! 

On Wednesday, we were checking out some referrals we had been given, and one was from the English elders. They had given it to us the week before and we decided to go check it out. We put it in our GPS but it kept saying the address was invalid, and we're like uhhhh, what the heck? And of course, the elders didn't answer when we called, so as Hermana was driving, I just said a little prayer that if we were meant to find this family we would. All of a sudden I had this impression to put another 0 and the end of the address. I typed it into the GPS, and voila... there was the house! I was like, WHOA! That literally did not just happen! haha We went up the door and the lady was very sweet and very interested! We're going back this week to teach them and we would not have found it if it hadn't been through the prompting of the Holy Ghost. So rad. 

I have such a strong testimony on following promptings and listening to the Holy Spirit. The Holy Ghost is way we can feel God's love and his power in our lives. He testifies of God's truthfulness and guides us in our lives. If I hadn't listened to that still small voice in October, I wouldn't be here today. We must listen to that voice, that thought, that feeling that overbears your body. But most importantly, you must be ready to listen. Your ears need to be open to be able to hear and understand that counsel. By following the commandments and keeping God's laws, you will be worthy of hearing his counsel and having His spirit guide you through your life. I invite you all the try to strengthen that relationship and to always listen to that still small voice, because it will never lead you astray :)

I love you all so much and I am so excited for this week! We get to go to the Temple with President Pingree.... before he goes home next week :(((
I am sooooooo excited though, it is literally going to be amazing. It's definitely going to be a great day! 

I hope you all have a great week and I hope to hear from YOU soon :)

Con todo mi amor, 
Hermana Carbajal


So my camera broke AGAIN. No worries, just the third camera in six months (i literally hate Walmart) anyway, I bought a selfie camera (dual LCD screens), and I'm okay now. haha :)
 
​Texas doesn't have mountains, hills, the beach, or anything else...but they sure do have some purty skies :)

​I mean, I bought a selfie camera... what else am I supposed to do? :) #imissinstagram #iboughtdatshirtfo1dolla :D

Just us on a joy ride through Tejas. #aintnobodygottimefomakeup

"Los Hamsters" for literally five days. #theyweremakingtaquitos

​Our last night with Elder Serrano :(

​Just hanging out with my favorite super-model, bff #dontjudgeme #ihaventsleptin6months #missionsmakeyougross




 

No comments:

Post a Comment