Well, this
week was a re-activation week. We had almost 30 member lessons. For
those who don't know, that's a lot. Like, a lot, a lot. lol We have
sooooo many in-actives in your area, and it just kills me because they
already have the fulness of the gospel, they have just forgotten, or
have lost their way. Our job is round em up, and bring em back. FYI.com,
its like wayyyy harder to bring someone back to church then to baptize
them, so a little missionary tip: Don't let your recent converts go IN
ACTIVE. Visit, visit, visit!!! I get really upset with myself sometimes
because I feel like this is karma. I hate this but, I was literally the
worst visiting teacher of all time. Like, really. I mean, it got so bad
that the RS began to give me my best friends as people to visit. haha.
Oh my gosh, and if anyone from my wards is reading this, I'm sure
they're dying because they know it's so true. And now, I am paying
HARDCORE for it. Visiting teaching and Home teaching are one of the most
vital OBLIGATIONS (because it is one) as a member of the Church of
Jesus Christ. We are all humans, we all need love, company, and
friendship. We all need someone to care about us, because we have all
felt alone, scared, stressed, sad, whatever. So, we need to be there for
the people we have been asked to visit because even if its "awkward"
the smallest, most simple visit can literally change someone's day. I
cannot tell you how many families we visit and we are the ONLY people
that visit them. People that have been in active for years, due to being
offended, or their own choices, whatever, but that literally would have
no other connection to the church if we didn't trudge over there in
this 100 degree heat to remind them that people still care. It genuinely
breaks my heart. And obviously you can't force people to do their
callings. Everyone has their own free agency, but it kills me, it really
does. Because all the families we visit are genuinely good people, and
if they found a friend (not the missionaries because we are only here
for basically a second), but a real friend who lives in their area,
someone they know they can count on, maybe (not for certain), but just
maybe, they'd feel like they have someone to sit next to at church, or
to talk to when they're having a rough time. I have grown the strongest
testimony on visiting teaching and home teaching. It was given to
members as a calling by God not to make our lives even crazier. It was
given to us to gain Christ-like attributes and to grow our love for our
neighbors, our friends, our brothers and sisters...
Elder Ballard explained: "The future growth of the Church will not happen through just knocking on strangers' doors. It will happen when the members, along with our missionaries, filled with the love of God and Christ discern needs and respond to those needs in the spirit of charitable service ("Finding Joy through Loving Service," Ensign, May 2011)." Missionaries and members need to work together. It's our job to visit and see what we can do for the inactives in a ward, but it is the job of the members to be there too, to be a support and strength to them. Together we can find, and keep people in this gospel. I have a testimony that as missionaries and members work together that the kingdom of God will be built and lives will be changed. I invite you all to pray over your families/ people you are to visit, and pray to know what they need and what you can do to be a blessing in their life :)
Doing
service has been one of the greatest blessings in my life. Serving as a
full-time missionary has taught me to love and grow in ways I didn't
see possible. I have grown love for people I didn't even know. When you
are serving your fellow beings, you are LITERALLY in the service of your
God! We are all His children, and as we serve each other, He is well
pleased in us and will continue to bless us in abundance. I pray you all
feel the desire to serve and feel this love that cannot be achieved any
other way.
I love you all so much and feel your prayers everyday! Thank you for always thinking of me xoxo
Les amo con todo mi corazon,
Hermana Carbajal
No comments:
Post a Comment