This past
week I have have had the opportunity to receive two incredible
Priesthood blessings. One was after our Specialized training with our
AMAZING mission president, President Pingree. Our training was all about
how there is truly only ONE true church. And how The Church of Jesus
Christ of Latter Day Saints, is the same exact church that Jesus Christ
Himself established on the earth when He was here. Pretty freaking cool.
We learned so much and found so many scriptures in the Bible and The
Book of Mormon proving so. Then we watched a talk by Tad R. Callister
which just proved everything else. It was so rad, and I am so grateful
that I have even more knowledge about how I am literally teaching the
same gospel Jesus Christ and his disciples taught. It is such a blessing
in my life to know that I have been called by Him, to do His work.
#ilovemymission So anyway, that's what the training was on, afterwards,
my companion and I decided to ask President for blessings because he
leaves in TWO WEEKS #wahhhhh. He happily said yes and gave me one of the
most comforting, and powerful blessings I've ever received. It was
AMAZING.
Yesterday,
we invited one of our favorite senior couples to have dinner at our
apartment because our appointment cancelled because it was Father's Day
(people don't want missionaries over on holidays :/ #missionlyfe)
Anyway, we invited them over and he offered to give us blessings for the
week. I know it seems weird to receive more than one blessing in a
week, but its actually not. I never realized that you could literally
receive a blessing anytime you want, because God WANTS to bless you. He
wants you to know that He loves you, and you can feel it through a
Priesthood blessing. He gave us blessings, and it was literally like
almost a Patriarchal blessing. I mean, I can't even talk about it
because it was so amazing, and so special.
So
the moral of my story is.... The Priesthood is amazing. I have received
so much confirmation and comfort on why I am supposed to be here, and
why I was told to be here now, and not 6 years ago. God has a plan for
me and I don't need to worry about my mission, or my future, if I am
being obedient, and doing His will. I am so grateful to have these types
of experiences because they strengthen my testimony daily, and they
help me to be a better missionary. Receiving more knowledge and wisdom
helps me to help others.
For the rest of the week, we began
our "real" English classes. It's under the church's program called
"Daily Dose". It's supposed to be a program that helps people learn English in a easy, conversational way. Not just like learning random
words, and phrases, but in a way where they can actually have a normal
conversation with someone. It's pretty cool. We teach the class twice a
week and we hope to find people through it :)
We had two of our progressing
investigators commit to baptism, and we hope to have three more by the
end of the week!! The work is progressing here in Houston, and we are so
excited about it!
I hope you all feel God's love
daily, and know that you are all children of God, and that He also has a
plan for YOU! If you ever need a reminder, get on your knees and pray.
He will never fail you.
Les amo con todo mi corazon!!!
Hermana Carbajal
p.s.
I literally haven't received ONE letter in a month, soooooo feel free
to like write a missionary whenever you have chance ;)
10221 Centrepark Dr #926
Houston, Tx 77043
No comments:
Post a Comment