Monday, September 15, 2014

I have a baby!!!

Well, a Missionary Baby, that is ;) My new little cute trainee is named, Hermana Shalyn Medeiros. She's 19 and from Spanish Fork, Utah (don't worry that she's from the same exact stake my trainer is from lol) she just got here on wednesday from the Mexico City MTC and she is awesome! She's eager to learn spanish and work hard, so I am just soo pumped!

This week was seriously CRAZY. From moving my last companion to going on a two day exchange with another missionary and covering two areas an hour apart from each other, it was pretttttty tricky, but we got it done :) On thursday morning, all the trainers met at the church building early to be trained on how to be a trainer, and then we met our little babies :) After we met, we got our stuff together and went to work! Don't worry that I made grocery shopping into her first time trying to contact people :) haha She's so cute!! She is trying so hard and we contacted our 25 people/day goal that we have for our mission.

So, one reason why my area has been having so many miracles lately is because a few weeks ago during comp study, my companion and I decided that we needed to make a change! Something had to happen because we were just not having much success and it was really beginning to wear down on us so we decided to try something that was in a story we heard at a training we had a few months back... There was a senior couple serving a mission (I don't remember where) and when they came to their area it was dead (meaning: no one wanted to learn). The couple wanted to do something so they prayed they would have inspiration and to be guided on how to find the prepared people of their area. They had a prompting to go to the phonebook. Literally. They began to pray over which half to start with, then they went with which quarter, than to which half of that, finally reaching to one page, and praying over EVERY SINGLE NAME. This couple baptized 40 people in one month. They had enough faith to believe that God wanted His children to learn of His truth, and they knew He would guide them to find them. And they did. Anyways, that story is like pretty amazing, right? I mean, it almost seemed unreal!! Well... we were also in a "dead" area, and I couldn't handle it anymore. I looked at my companion and I was like, we have to do the phonebook thing! At first, she literally thought I was crazy, but we prayed about it, and felt like it was a good idea. Except, we didn't use an actual phonebook, we used our area book, which has enough old investigators, it must as well be one :) Long story short, we prayed for about three hours, over which area, to which street, to which names... and we found six people we felt like could be prepared to learn again. Well, it has been two weeks, and we have found two out of the six and guess what... THEY WANT TO LEARN!! Ahhh! The Lord blesses His servants and He makes miracles happen! I can't tell you the joy that fills my heart knowing that the Lord is here with us, guiding us to teach His children.

I am so grateful for this everlasting gospel and for its endless blessings. Last transfer was probably one of the hardest times in my mission. I have never worked so hard and found such little success. But guess what? It wasn't for nothing! The Lord was molding me, humbling me, and strengthening me! He helped me to rely on Him in a way I hadn't done before. I know this gospel is true and changes lives. I've seen it and lived it! Please remember how precious you are in the eyes of the Lord, and how much He loves and prays for YOU! You are all children of a king and when that divine calling is realized, it can be life changing :)

I love you and hope you know never forget it! Keep praying for my peeps! We are going to baptize The Woodlands ;) #cantstopwontstop

Les amo con todo mi corazon,

Hermana Carbajal <3
 ​Freaking cuteeeee babies #babiesofhouston
 Speaking of babies...here's mine!! #imamomma :)
 Someone figured out how to use my selfie camera #arturo #babiesofhouston
I can't even talk about it #imtakinghimhome #babiesofhouston

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are Shalyn's trainer! You're the big sister she's never had. Thank you for being such a wonderful, encouraging, and positive influence on her! Aly (Hermana Medeiros' mom)

    ReplyDelete