Thursday, May 21, 2015

28

Well, it's finally happening. My birthday is this week and I'm so mad about it because I told the Lord I was never getting older than 25, but apparently He didn't agree with me :) haha So, I thought today I would say 28 things I am grateful for.

1. I am grateful for a loving, merciful Heavenly Father who accepts me and loves me regardless of all my faults, and weaknesses.
2. I am grateful for His beloved son, my Savior, Jesus Christ who saved me from sin and heartache.
3. I am grateful to be a set apart full time missionary, in the great Texas Houston Mission and to have experienced what real love is.
4.I am grateful for every person I have met here in Texas. Regardless if they've decided to accept the Restored gospel or not. They've changed me.
5. I am grateful for a family that has never once stopped supporting me. Even when it was hard, and I probably didn't deserve it. They have always loved me through my craziness, drama, and all out insanity. They are my forever.
6. I am grateful for all my friends who help me be better. Who radiate the light of Christ, and help me remember who I am, and who I want to be.
7. I am grateful for all of my companions. They have all shaped me in different ways and taught me how to become more like my Savior. They have become like my sisters and I know we were supposed to meet.
8. I am grateful for the Priesthood. The only true and actual authority to worthy men, ordained to serve in the name of the Lord.
9. I am grateful for Priesthood holders. All of the men I have had the chance to serve with and know on my mission and off.
10.I am grateful for my mission presidents. President Pingree was who I needed to start out my mission. President Mortensen is who I needed to finish it. They both carry such unique qualities and are AMAZING! They are two men that I cherish, and love so much and am so grateful to have worked with. I'm telling you, I lucked out in the mission department :)
11. I am grateful for a car. haha. It is soooo hot here and it rains allll the time! There are other missionaries that are on bikes, and I pray for them constantly because it's rough out there!
12. I am grateful for air conditioning! Seriously though... I don't know how other people do it :)
13. I am grateful for the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. The same church Jesus Christ established is here on the earth and we are fortunate enough to be a part of it!!!
14. I am grateful for friendship. It is a bond that can heal any wounds. I have found friendship in so many ways, and with people I never even thought of.
15. I am grateful for love. I feel as though I am just barely starting to understand what love truly means. Real love is the pure love of Christ, and that was conveyed by the great sacrifice he made for us. Every act of sacrifice has made me love more. Since a mission is technically a "sacrifice" it makes sense that I've learned to love deeper, and more fully. Seeing people more in the way God sees them. It's something I still don't fully understand, and I may not until the next life, but it is definitely something I am working on.
16. I am grateful for the ocean and all it possesses. The ocean is so symbolic to me of so many things. The color of the water, the movement of the waves,the salty air, smell and its natural beauty all entrap me. The ocean has always been so special to me and I cannot WAIT to dive right into it when I get home :)
17. I am grateful for music. Music has always been something that I have felt defines me.
18. I am grateful for the gift of voice. I have been singing for a long time, but on my mission is has become almost a necessity. I have been asked to sing in so many conferences, meetings, baptisms, etc.. At home, anytime I was asked to sing at a recital, or anything I was so embarrassed and felt as though I was being prideful by singing too much. But now I see it in such a different way. I am not good singing, the Lord has blessed me with a special gift to help others feel the spirit. I am so grateful He chose to give me such a tender talent.
19. I am grateful for gluten free food and I can't wait to eat it again and not feel sick anymore.
20. I am grateful for nail polish, because seriously...it's the little things that count :)
21. I am grateful for ALL of the members that have so graciously taken care of me and my companions these past 16 months. They don't even think twice before offering us everything when they may have nothing.
22. I am grateful for humility because it has been really hard for me to achieve. But I am grateful for all the humbling experiences I've had on my mission that have helped me to understand how important it is to be humble.
23. I am grateful for the hard days because they are the days I learn most.
24. I am grateful for the rain, because it is what makes everything grow, and lets the sun shine brighter.
25. I am grateful for the the opportunity to serve. It has helped me get out of my comfort zone and do SO MANY THINGS, I never thought I would do! Like working on a farm?!? Hi, have you met me? But, it's happened and I loved it!!! :) haha
26. I am grateful for bug spray. I live in Houston. #enoughsaid
27. I am grateful for tender mercies that come right when I am about to give up, and then they just lift me up again.
28. I am grateful for the 28 years of life the Lord has let me have. The experiences that have shaped my life, the people I have met, the lessons I have learned have all helped me be who I am today.

I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Les amo con todo mi corazoncito,

Hermana Carbajal


No comments:

Post a Comment