Friday, May 8, 2015

Grandma Carbie

Yes, it is true. I'm a G R A N D M A!!! My hija, Hermana Medeiros had a baby this week!! A.K.A..... She's TRAINING! Yayyy!! I am SOO proud of her!! I feel like I just got her yesterday but she is going to hit nine months this month! Gahh! Anyway, her new companion is so cute and also from California! Fun!! We are excited to have Hermana Bohn in our zone, and in our mission family :) hehe

This week was suuuuper long, and super short at the same time! Because Hermana Medeiros was training, we got to go on a trio exchange with her for almost three days!! hahaha, they were some of the funniest days of my life. Just me and my two daughters, pretty great. We got to explore the area of Oakcrest, and had some really great experiences meeting her investigators! Then we came to Woodlands, and saw miracles of our own here. But most of all, basically just had a blast, made too many music videos, and took too many ugly pictures no one is EVER going to see :D haha

On Saturday, we had planned to visit all our less actives to invite them to church and the temple tours we had the next day. One that was on my mind, was a recent convert that I worked very closely with when I first came to this area. He was doing so well and was really progressing until one day he literally fell off the face of the planet. He doesn't have a phone, he lives with a random family, and doesn't have a car, also... he's Epileptic, so his many seizures have affected him, so he's a little slow. So basically, it's almost freaking impossible to get a hold of him, and to get through to him when he doesn't want to be found! Gah!! Anyway, he has literally given me anxiety attacks, and caused my hair to fall out, and I have felt this weight the past six months because I have felt so guilty. I have just felt like it was all my fault that he had fallen away not long after his baptism. Because he is a little slow, he doesn't fully understand things, and it was difficult giving him the new member lessons, and he sometimes makes things up in his head, and somehow came up with the idea that the commandments didn't apply to him. I told him they did, because they do, and that is when he stopped talking to us. So, yeah... It has been stressful. Anyway, we stopped by to see if he was home, and the owner of the home told us he had gone to the store, so we thanked her and went on our way. As soon as I started to drive away, I saw him on his bike down the street. I u-turned and raced up to him. haha I pulled up to him and his face went white. He literally looked like he had seen a ghost. hahaha He knew he was in trouble. I walked up to him and just smiled and he was like, "Hermana, you're STILL here??" haha yup. We chat for a minute and I finally explained to him how sad I was that he had dropped us so suddenly. He explained that he was getting a lot of pressure from his family and didn't know what to do so he thought ending his church membership would solve everything. He apologized for all the times he didn't open the door, and for all the members that stopped by to pick him up for church. He also told us he hadn't been feeling the same since he stopped coming to church, that he felt an emptiness and didn't know what it was. I explained that it was the lack of the holy ghost because he wasn't keeping the commandments, and the spirit can only be within those worthy of it. He was very remorseful and promised us he would begin making changes because he wanted to feel happy again. When we got in the car, I started screaming. haha I was sooooooo happy!! I have been carrying this weight around for so long, and the Lord knew I needed peace before I left this area. I am so grateful to the Lord for placing him in our path that day, and for allowing me to have a peace of mind. The Lord is wayyyyyy too good to me :)

Well, I have ten weeks left. No big. I'm freaking out and I don't know what I'm doing with my life but it's fine, the Lord will provide :)

I am grateful for all of you and hope you all feel the Lord's love each and every day. His love is much more immense then we will ever understand.

Con todo mi corazoncito,

Hermana Carbajal

p.s. I am now the official spanish temple tour guide for the Texas Houston Mission :) Cool, huh? We had another tour yesterday and it was incredible!! #bendiciones





 Trio exchanges are the best exchanges.









No comments:

Post a Comment