Well....it's 2015. That's weird!!! Never in a million years did I think I would be serving a mission in 2015, but "que sera sera" :) Luckily, 2015 is probably going to be the best year of MY life! I can already feel it :) It's going to be a great year and I am SOOO excited to see what happens! :) This month hits my YEAR MARK and I am now officially going to be home in less than six months. Holy moly. This has gone by TOO FAST. Like, really. Good thing, that I have a lot of things to keep me busy :)
This week we went to the temple and did baptisms with our recent convert! It was sooo amazing! And they even let me do baptisms too!!! They usually never let people that are endowed to do them unless they have their own names, but they let me do it with our new friend :) It was sooooo amazing. I love going to the temple, and even though we didn't do a session, it was still the great spiritual boost that I needed! We aren't allowed to attend the temple anymore unless we go with member, and it has to be missionary purposeful. It's been a little hard not being able to go, but it has also made it all the more worthwhile when I can :)
We also had an AMAZING lesson with our new friend who will be baptized on January 17th! Eeeee. His family are all members, minus him. They are all very inactive, but through his desire to learn more it has started to re-ignite the testimony of his family!! Our friend had a very serious accident exactly one year ago yesterday, and it has left him crippled and unable to do a lot of things. He has felt anger and frustration with the Lord since then and didn't understand why it happened to him. On Saturday, we taught the Restoration, and when we got to the Atonement he just began to weep. He explained how he had been feeling this whole year, and not once ever felt like anyone understood. We shared Alma 7: 11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people. 12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities. That's my favorite scripture by the way, anyway... He began to weep even more. He said he felt a peace that he had never felt before and finally felt as though someone understood his pain. It was incredible!!! The spirit was so strong there wasn't a dry eye in the room!
We had Zone Meeting on friday, my first as a Sister Training Leader, it was soo good! We as the Zone Leaders have to plan, and teach the three hour long meeting. We spoke on our purpose as missionaries and how we can accomplish it. We have been feeling that is something that has been lacking in our zone. It was incredible! The spirit was so strong and missionaries came up to us after and thanked us for the meeting!! One missionary told us it was the best meeting he'd ever been too, and how it had changed his mission.!!! I almost started to cry, because it wasn't us!! It was the spirit!! It was so great and we're hoping to see many miracles come about in our zone!!
I hope you all had lovely beginning to this new year and hope you continue to do so. I know the Lord wants nothing more than happiness and love for us all! If you don't believe me, find out for yourself ;)
mormon.org
Lds.org
Les amo con todo mi corazoncito,
Hermana Carbajal
No comments:
Post a Comment