Monday, February 23, 2015

FELIZ NAVIDAD

Well, this week has been a lot of ups and downs. Being a missionary leader is really stressful. Like more stressful that I ever thought a mission could get, which is already SUPER stressful, by the way. However, it will all be okay :) The Lord has called me for a reason, I'm still not sure why, but hopefully it won't end with me having a stroke :) haha just kidding!

But happy things first! We had our CHRISTMAS MISSION CONFERENCE on friday!!! woooo!! It was soooooo fun! Everyone from the WHOLE mission was there and it was amazing! I opened the conference with "What child is this" in front of 300+ missionaries. It was awesome. The spirit was so strong all day and it was just a great way start Christmas. We also had our ward christmas party that night, and our stake christmas party the next day, so we've been celebrating all weekend :)

We found a new investigator this week, had two baptisms, and set a date with someone else!! Yayyyy!!! The Lord is hastening His work here in the good ol' Woodlands. We are finding so much, especially during this christmas season, and trying to share the "He is the Gift" initiative with whomever we meet!!

Okay, now for the sad... my best friend/ soul mate, Hermana Coe went home today -_- She has been feeling sick for quite a while, but thought it was just due to stress, but it landed her in the ER last sunday, and ultimately to having to go home early. It is definitely what the Lord wants, and she has served honorably for a year! I'm just sad because I'm selfish and I want her here with me, but it will be okay. She is going to do amazing things back home and we will see each other in six months <3

Okay, back to happy.... I am soooo excited for Christmas!! I have so much to be grateful and happy for! I get to serve the Lord as a representative of Jesus Christ. I have an amazing companion, so many people that I love, here in Texas and at home! I am so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ and for His eternal sacrifice, and for the faith shown by our Heavenly Father, that we would follow His son home. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is real and changes lives. It's changed mine, and still is. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and remember the true reason for the season :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

con todo mi corazoncito,
Hermana Carbajal

p.s. I mean, it's christmas.... :)
3400 Pine Acres Dr
Conroe, TX  77384

No comments:

Post a Comment