On Thursday, I hit my official ONE YEAR mark! Holy moly. January 29, 2014 was the day I entered the Provo MTC and started this crazyyyy journey! So much has happened. It's seriously surreal. And now I only have about 5 months left and I don't know how to make time stop!! My mission has been so amazing and I am so happy that I took that leap of faith to follow such a life-changing prompting :)
This week was just sooo good. Yesterday, ALL of my recent converts in this ward came to church AND three families that I've reactivated here. AHHH!! Bendiciones! I was so happy I couldn't help but cry all of sacrament. I mean, it was also fast sunday so the spirit was super strong, but it was such a tender mercy. Sometimes I feel like I haven't really done anything, especially in this ward. It's been a struggle because our ward isn't very united and sometimes feels like the members don't like the missionaries, but then we have sweet blessings such as yesterday and then I remember that it isn't about me, the ward, or the work, its about the Lord and His will. He will do what He wants and we just need to abide by it :)
On Friday, we went on exchanges with another set of sisters (we go on them a lot because we we're sister training leaders and we have too :/ ) lol Anyway, we went to a members house for dinner and then her friend came over and began asking us who we were, yada yada yada. lol Then we soon find out she had just moved to that apartment complex because she had just left her abusive husband, and was just starting nursing school so she and her little family were having a really rough time. We shared Isaiah 41:10 "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." She started to cry and asked us more on what we did. We stated our purpose and asked her if she would like to learn more about what we believed, and she accepted!! We were super excited but didn't really think much of it until after she left. The member grabbed me and started crying and told me she had been praying for her friend to accept the gospel for YEARS!! She told us she had sent missionaries over to her house several times, had them over whenever she would come over, but she was never interested, until that day :) I was so stunned it took me a minute to realize what had happened. It just proves again that timing and preparedness is everything. The Lord always has a plan, and if we are worthy He will use us as His tools to make them happen!
We had zone meeting this week and talked about being fearless. We must fear God before we fear man, because if we do not, we do not understand our purpose in life. Being a leader in our zone has really helped me to learn. It's funny, because I've always heard that the teacher always learns more than the student, and as I have been working to study more and teach to our fellow missionaries, I feel like I truly have learned more than ever. It's so wonderful :)
I love you all soooo much hope that you are SO HAPPY! And if not, let the Lord guide you to it :)
Les amo con todo mi corazoncito,
Hermana Carbajal
Specialized Training. Our recent convert came and spoke to all the missionaries!! She's amazing!!!
Our last Missionary Leadership Council (MLC) together :( #byehillly
I love my Hillyyy
Texas :)
One Year with my homie Elder Hernandez #provomtcjan29
No comments:
Post a Comment