Monday, February 23, 2015

Miracles on miracles...

Well, I think the Lord really just loves too much. I do not deserve half of the blessings He sends my way/ gives to those around me. This past week, our dear friend Eloy was baptized and had one of the most special baptisms I have ever attended. Eloy is such a special man and was literally just given to us. His wife and children are members, however have been inactive members for a few years. His wife has always prayed that Eloy would one day accept the gospel and also be baptized so they could be sealed as family in the temple of God forever. Six years came and went and he was still not interested. One day we went over to visit this sweet sister, and Eloy began to ask us questions about our testimonies and faith. It was unreal. We committed him to baptized that day and after 5 lessons in two weeks, we entered the waters of baptism and is now on his journey to being sealed to his family for time and all eternity.

That is probably the thing I love most about this gospel. That it's forever. God is forever, so why wouldn't his gospel be? Why couldn't families be? Well, they can. And the only way possible is through following the simple commandments found in his sacred scriptures. Yesterday, we taught a new family we found over the Restoration of the church of Jesus Christ. The whole time they were like, "why do people think ya'll are weird, you believe everything in the Bible??" haha. My companion and I just laughed and agreed. When we shared Joseph Smith's experience, a sweet silence warmed the room. With tears in their eyes, they both agreed that they believed that Jesus Christ had restored His true and living church again on the earth and that is here. We promised them the blessings of an eternal family and they both committed to be baptized and eagerly asked us to come back. My companion and I, keeping our cool walked outside, ran to our car, and just began to scream and cry!!!! Why are we being sooooo blessed?!?!?! Why are we so lucky???!?! Why does the Lord loves us SOOOO much?!?!?

We still don't know. But all we know is we are grateful. And, so so humbled. The Lord is my Savior and I will dedicate my life to Him forever. My mission in Texas may end in 5 short months, but my mission in life is just beginning.
I cannot express how much love I feel. Being a missionary has opened new feelings within my heart. It is an experience everyone should have. If you haven't had the opportunity to serve, don't worry, it's not too late. You can be a missionary at home, or can serve a full-time senior missionary when you're children are grown. This has changed me forever and I can never repay my Savior for allowing me to experience it.

I love you all with all my heart. I pray for you all and hope you feel the Lord's arms wrapped around you.

Con todo mi corazoncito,

Hermana Carbajal <3

 Dia de los Reyes!! For all my non-hipanic homies: it the day the Three Kings came to visit Jesus. The tradition is to have a "Rosca" or a wreath-shaped sweet bread and to find the Baby Jesus baked inside. Guess who found it? :) Me!!!
 ​On an exchange. This family never lets a missionary visit them and not take a Sombrero Pic :)
 Me and Buttercup :) We were having a conversation about our shampoo. Obvs, we use the same kind #abouthatmaneNtailLyfe
 ​We had another "Why I believe" Fireside and I sang "This is the Christ" translated to spanish by myself and my companion using the Book of Mormon!! So legit.
Myyyy peeeeeeps

No comments:

Post a Comment