Monday, February 23, 2015

Happy Monday!!

Yesterday (sunday) was like probably one of the best days of my life. So, a while back President challenged us leaders to try fasting once a week. It wasn't a command, just a suggestion and see the fruits of it. Well, my companion and I love fasting. Because, duh, it's amazing. And each week, we fast for specific things for our area so that the Lord sees our true desire for these things. Well, we have had three investigators that our FULLY PREPARED to be baptized. Like, I'm talking all we need is to fill up the fount and get them in there, kind of prepared :) However, there are some hang ups that have been in the way for a while. One of them is not married to his "esposa", so he can't be baptized until they are married, or he moves out. Another isn't of legal age yet, and hasn't received consent from her parents to be baptized, and has already been told several times that she won't ever receive it. And lastly, our very special friend who has been waiting for three months is still waiting for permission from the General Authorities. Gahhhhhh. It's just been one thing after another and it's honestly been a little discouraging. HOWEVER, The Lord is so good. Guys, He is so kind, so merciful, so incredible, my heart is full whenever I even begin to think of His love.

Well, we fasted that all three of them would be able to come to church yesterday, and that we would feel a peace knowing that they would be baptized in the Lord's time. Welp, THEY ALL CAME!! AND, so did ALL of our recent converts, AND three COMPLETE less active families we have been realllllly working hard with. As the sacrament was being passed, I thanked my Heavenly Father for being so kind to us. In that moment, I felt this huge wave of love. I felt that peace we had prayed and fasted over. We know that maybe right now isn't the time that our friends will be baptized, but because of their diligence, IT WILL HAPPEN. One thing I've come to know as a missionary is that this truly is the Lord's time. This is His work, and His will. We are just His tools, and if we are willing and worthy, He WILL use us to make His miracles happen.

As my transfers become less and less, I am trying to do more and more! I have less than 5 months to tear up Houston :) I LOVE being a missionary and LOVE the gospel. It is LIFE CHANGING. I know that through the Prophet Joseph Smith that the true and everlasting gospel of Jesus Christ was restored and is here for US...TODAY! What greater message, or gift is there??? The same gospel Jesus Christ taught is here for us to have and SHARE! My life is so good, and it is because it centered on Christ.

This week in district meeting we read 1 Nephi 8 Lehi's dream. We role played on how the fruit of the Tree of Life represents the Love of God, which is the sacrifice of His son, Jesus Christ. We also learned that we can LITERALLY partake of the Tree of Life EVERY FREAKING SUNDAY!! UM..... what???!?!?! Yeah, didn't know that before. Obvs, I still have a lot to learn. I had never related the Tree of Life to the sacrament. I'm an idiot, I know :) haha Anyway, it's basically changed my life, and I'm telling EVERYONE about it. You should to ;)

The first thing Lehi thought after realizing that the fruit was the best thing ever, was he wanted to SHARE IT. Weird, huh? :)

Read 1 Nephi 8 <3

Les amo con todo mi corazoncito,

Hermana Carbajal

p.s. this week is my ONE YEAR IN TEXAS! ahhhhhh! #wherehasthetimegone???

No comments:

Post a Comment